'53 Ute (another sort of Cart Hauler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53 Ute (another sort of Cart Hauler)

My first attempt at this (posting a C/L link).

This is another version of a Cart Hauler. It appears to be built from a four door sedan.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

I like it. More pictures would be nice.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Interesting vehicle. Restored like the Kart Hauler it would be a head turner. Too bad they only posted two pictures. I believe this one did not start as a C or K body and the rear window is placed differently.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

With very few pictures to go by, it looks like decent body work. That opinion could change with a close up look. He's asking for a pile of cash, but could only post three pictures? Maybe he figured that anybody interested would want to see it in person. I kinda like it, but not for that much money, and would prefer a Stude 289.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I don’t recognize the trim which frames out the door window. Must have been custom made. Modifying pot metal is not a viable option. Really great build though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho View Post
            I don’t recognize the trim which frames out the door window. Must have been custom made. Modifying pot metal is not a viable option. Really great build though.
            I thought that the lower door was the front door of a four door sedan and that the upper door utilized the rear door of the four door sedan.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              I thought that the lower door was the front door of a four door sedan and that the upper door utilized the rear door of the four door sedan.
              Spot on Gary!

Comment

I don't understand, why no front view?

Mark
                sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

I think I paid about $30k less for the Karthauler in about this same condition.

Lots of work there already, however. I hope it is the same quality work that Lee did on the original Karthauler.
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

Lots of work there already, however. I hope it is the same quality work that Lee did on the original Karthauler.
                    Wow, until I read these last few comments I had not paid any attention to the price. For that money there would have to be something really nice that the pictures don't show or some important history behind the car. I doubt either one is true.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

At that price I would expect a rear bumper with some chrome on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

I love what you did with the restoration of the karthauler. I was speechless seeing it at the GNRS. If I ever get a chance to speak with you, I’d love to ask you some specific questions about that car.

Comment

Working...
                        X