PDA

View Full Version : A north American Cardinal

jts359
12-14-2018, 09:56 PM
On the opening page of the search engine called Bing , There is a picture of a Female north American Cardinal , The picture was taken by a Matthew Studebaker , Anybody we know ? Ed

qsanford
12-15-2018, 07:55 AM
The weekend meteorologist on Providence, R.I.'s ABC affiliate, WLNE 6, is Tim Studebaker!

wittsend
12-15-2018, 11:48 AM
The California community college Television Production program I worked at was started by a Dick Studebaker who was born in Indiana and claimed he was a decendent of the wagon builders.

Maybe the title should be renamed "Other" Studebakers.

t walgamuth
12-15-2018, 05:57 PM
On the opening page of the search engine called Bing , There is a picture of a Female north American Cardinal , The picture was taken by a Matthew Studebaker , Anybody we know ? Ed

What religeon?

studegary
12-15-2018, 06:30 PM
What religeon?

I don't understand this query. I do not even know what a "religeon" is.

t walgamuth
12-15-2018, 06:57 PM
I don't understand this query. I do not even know what a "religion" is. Faith, denomination, ie Catholic, Episcopal, etc. Sorry, My spell check does not work.

rockne10
12-16-2018, 01:16 PM
From my reading of the Studebaker family history, when Peter, Heinrich and Clement landed in Philadelphia the immigration officer misspelled the name as Studebaker, rather than the correct German spelling; and anyone in the United States with the surname Studebaker is related to these three, though not necessarily descended from John Clement Studebaker who, a century later, was father of the five Studebaker brothers.

jnormanh
12-20-2018, 04:48 PM
According to this website, there are 2976 people last name "Studebaker".

https://www.mynamestats.com/Last-Names/S/ST/STUDEBAKER/index.html

I'd guess only a small percentage of them are related to the Buggy/Auto business of that name, and the math doesn't work to presume they all are decedents of three immigrants.

t walgamuth
12-20-2018, 06:39 PM
So I searched it and you are talking about a bird. I thought you were talking about a priest type cardinal. I suppose you thought i was being a wizeacre.;)

jts359
12-20-2018, 08:43 PM
No problem I'm used to that , Ed

wittsend
12-21-2018, 11:54 AM
This is actually getting quite amusing. The main point of this post is to find out if anyone ever heard of a photographer named Matthew Studebaker. Yet the Subject title is "A north American Cardinal" which for the life of me I can't figure out how that title (referring to a bird) would incline one to reply because the real question was about the photographer. And then..., the North American Cardinal was thought to have meant a position in a religious order. I thought things like this only happened on The Andy Griffith and Brady Bunch TV shows. :)

jts359
12-21-2018, 11:59 AM
Who is on First anyway ? Ed

wittsend
12-21-2018, 02:05 PM
All I know is when Andy has spaghetti at someone's house the secret ingredient is always Oregano. And over at the Brady’s Alice is going to see Addle (Seattle) and meet with Misses Sippi (Mississippi). :)

t walgamuth
12-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Pretty funny! Reminds me of some of my conversations with my lovely Mrs.;)

8E45E
12-22-2018, 07:10 AM
There's no such thing as a "North American Cardinal" thanks to Lee Iacocca:

https://www.autonews.com/article/20030616/SUB/306160758/iacocca-shot-down-the-cardinal

Craig

studegary
12-22-2018, 09:49 AM
There's no such thing as a "North American Cardinal" thanks to Lee Iacocca:

https://www.autonews.com/article/20030616/SUB/306160758/iacocca-shot-down-the-cardinal

Craig

Thanks, Craig. That is an interesting twist to this Cardinal thread.

wittsend
12-22-2018, 10:30 AM
"It was a fine car for the European market, with its V-4 engine and front-wheel-drive," he said in Iacocca: An Autobiography. "

That is the same V-4 engine used in the Saab. Often it is referred to as a 'Tractor Engine.' Essentially it is a 4 cylinder version of the V-6 Cologne engine used in the Capri, Pinto, Mustang, Bronco, Granada, Aerostar. Usually a mid 2 liter displacement there is a 4.0 version that some have stuffed in older Saab 96’s

. Oh what a tangled web we weave going from birds, to photographers, to religious leaders, to 60’s TV shows, to V-4 powered cars in Europe, to Saabs stuff with oversized engines. Why it looks like the eggnog has ben hit early! :D

What we still don't know is, "Does anyone know a Matthew Studebaker - photographer?"

jts359
12-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Matthew Studebaker is a well known professional photographer from Cleveland Ohio. He specializes in birds. I did a search , Ed

8E45E
12-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Matthew Studebaker is a well known professional photographer from Cleveland Ohio. He specializes in birds. I did a search , Ed

Then he should concentrate on Hawks and Larks.

Craig

58PackardWagon
12-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Clement's great great granddaughter grew up in Indiana but moved to Irvine California. She and I worked for the same company back in the day. I met her when she was twenty. She was super nice and very attractive.

Bob Bryant
12-25-2018, 09:29 PM
"It was a fine car for the European market, with its V-4 engine and front-wheel-drive," he said in Iacocca: An Autobiography. "

That is the same V-4 engine used in the Saab. Often it is referred to as a 'Tractor Engine.' Essentially it is a 4 cylinder version of the V-6 Cologne engine used in the Capri, Pinto, Mustang, Bronco, Granada, Aerostar. Usually a mid 2 liter displacement there is a 4.0 version that some have stuffed in older Saab 96’s

. Oh what a tangled web we weave going from birds, to photographers, to religious leaders, to 60’s TV shows, to V-4 powered cars in Europe, to Saabs stuff with oversized engines. Why it looks like the eggnog has ben hit early! :D

What we still don't know is, "Does anyone know a Matthew Studebaker - photographer?"

My 1974 SAAB Sonnett III had a V-4 1.7 liter engine as I recall. It is another car i wish I still owned.