Studebaker accessory brain teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker accessory brain teaser

Here's a head scratcher for you folks. I found this silver u-shaped item clipped under the dashboard on the passenger side. My first thought was that it was a bracket for something, but that isn't the right answer. It has a purpose of its own. Maybe these things are or were common, but its the first one that I've run across in a car. I don't think that its a factory accessory, probably aftermarket. HINT: it can be very useful at the end of a hot day of working on your Studebaker.

1950 Champion
    Holdrege

John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Cool one opener?

Terry

Comment

Cool one opener?

Terry

Comment

I believe that is the special clip. list price 75 cents for a Hawk under dash tissue dispenser. But seeing the stapled glove box, it might be for a map light.

As for a bottle opener, it is located just under the steering column. Place you botlle top on the lower bracket and push the bottle towards the brake pedal. Empties go under the seat to drive owner nuts.

Comment

I believe that is the special clip. list price 75 cents for a Hawk under dash tissue dispenser. But seeing the stapled glove box, it might be for a map light.

As for a bottle opener, it is located just under the steering column. Place you botlle top on the lower bracket and push the bottle towards the brake pedal. Empties go under the seat to drive owner nuts.

Comment

A tissue dispenser bracket?!? If it is, I've been using it for the wrong purpose (as a bottle opener). Well, whatever its supposed to be, it makes a good bottle opener.

1950 Champion
            Holdrege NE
            John
            1950 Champion
            W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
            Holdrege NE

Comment

A tissue dispenser bracket?!? If it is, I've been using it for the wrong purpose (as a bottle opener). Well, whatever its supposed to be, it makes a good bottle opener.

1950 Champion
              Holdrege NE
              John
              1950 Champion
              W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
              Holdrege NE

Comment

Working...
              X