Lark Daytona 500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Daytona 500?

The only Studebaker Lark Daytona 500 race car in Europe is going to auction, except it never raced in the Daytona 500, nor did any other Studebaker Lark, although Harold Smith did drive a 7-year-old 1952 Studebaker (earlier than Lark) to a 31st place finish in the inaugural Daytona 500 race in 1959.
    Jack White
    Charlotte,NC
    North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Too bad this car is getting so much good press but the story line is wrong. Many threads on this 'story' all over the inter-web but they forgot about the supercharged, Packard engine dyno tuned on Mars.

Comment

Thanks, Jack. I added a comment and link to correct his citation about "The Lark Daytona was a last-minute substitute for the Avanti to pace the 1962 Indianapolis 500." Geeze, I get tired of hearing that! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My my. Wonder who owns those three other "Daytona 500 Larks" Be interesting to find -any- factory documentation on these "four Studebaker Lark Daytonas (that) were modified for motorsports 'and carried Daytona 500 designation". My bet is that someone is attempting to pull a scam on the uninformed.

Comment

One of my '64 Daytona HTs actually has a 500 cu engine in it ....it's presently sitting out behind the shop, with the 500 in the trunk.

Comment

Working...
          X