Factory trim no. - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory trim no. - help needed

Can anyone interpret what the following trim number includes, as found on the production order. 8202 T 240
    This is a 1955 Commander, 2 door sedan,
    Body and model type 16G8 F4 Forest,
    Last edited by Merwin; 12-12-2018, 06:13 AM.

You neglected to state the year and model of the vehicle. Makes a big difference.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Merwin!
      Glad to have a fellow Washingtonian here, we have several SDC Chapters here.

It could be a Interior Material Type and Color Code, but as Richard said it varies a Lot by Year and Model Car or Truck, which Factory built it, etc,

Your BEST Important info, will come from the Production Order "Model Code".
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-11-2018, 02:14 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

posting a scan or picture of the production order would be the most help
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I think this is a '55 of some sort. I found some close numbers but I don't have the right booklet to nail it.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

If this is the same Merwin who recently joined the North Puget Sound chapter, he and his wife have a 1955 Commander. I don't know the body type.
            Mark L

Comment

Btw, very new to the forum and navigation
              Thanks everyone for comments

Comment

Welcome Merwin !

Comment

Hey Merwin, could you please check on the Passenger side of your Firewall under the hood, and record the Numbers and Letters on the small Body Tag there. If you post it here we will know what Model of '55 you have, thanks.

This is NOT your Serial Number used as a VIN # for Registration, just the Body Type and Trim Tag for ONLY the body, not the Car.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The body tag no
                    16G8F4

Comment

Originally posted by Merwin View Post
                      The body tag no
                      16G8F4
                      That is a second series (Ultra Vista) 1955 Commander Deluxe two door sedan.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Are we talking about the green two door sedan, once owned by Bob Carney, and recently for sale by a gentleman in Montana? I believe that the car remained in Snohomish Co. all these years. If this is the car and if the trim you are asking about is the side trim spear on the car now-it was not original to the car when built. It was added at some time subsequent to the paintwork. At the same time the original trim on the rear fenders was removed.

Comment

If the green car is your car, then tis is what your car looked like when it came from the factory.
                          Photographs of the 1955 Studebaker Commander. Custom Sedan. Carlisle Events : Fall Carlisle. An image gallery of the 1955 Studebaker Commander.

Comment

I use my phone exclusively for web access and I have not figured out how to post photos. I have a picture of the production order but am not able to post it. The model and body type says: 16G8 F4 FOREST, the paint and color says: 2660 ENCINE WHITE. It has been painted by a previous owner, it is yellow with a white top. Originally delivered to "9 NEW ORLEANS, LA. CRESCENT"

Comment

Close Bill, but different, Merwin's Car is a Late '55 Wraparound Windshield 2 Door Sedan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grn_ Wht_ 2 Dr Sedan.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1724654 < Somewhat like this.
                              StudeRich
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X