"Girl Meets Lark" booklet excerpts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Girl Meets Lark" booklet excerpts

Bought this booklet on eBay because it was Lark related[8D] Lots of laughs! It was written by Bernice Fitz-Gibbon, and it's specifically for ladies who own a Lark. On the back cover it says: "Bernice Fitz-Gibbon has never changed a tire in her life, but she has changed the way America looks at women"...

Pretty cute; here's a couple excerpts:

Now I've heard it said that the whole world...suddenly turns a delightful sky-blue-pink when you're behind the wheel of a Lark!

Since we girls like to do things the gentlest way possible, here's a tip about setting and releasing the parking brake.Depress the foot brake first. This takes the tension off the cables and gives you really feather-light control.

(Picture caption) Wiggle around and wave!

You and your passengers will dote on that fresh, airy "whee-feeling" you get when you slide open the Skytop Sunroof. Opens easily with one hand to give back-seat athletes exhiliarating sun-and-air without ruffling front seat hairdos.

HOW TO CHANGE A TIRE

Every woman knows that if there was ever a time when plain unvarnished feminine charm and good old-fashioned "girl appeal" comes in handy is when a tire problem develops. Here's my advice. Put on some fresh lipstick, fluff up your hairdo, stand in a safe spot off the road and near your Lark, wave and look helpless and feminine. If this doesn't do the trick I guess I've overestimated men, especially truck drivers!

We hate danger and violence. Men may think of their cars as gleaming demons of surging horsepower roaring vertically to the pinnacle of Pike's Peak. But not us!

And this closer:

With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!

I grinned wide enough that I had to add that to my sig. line[)]

Oh, but for simpler times........

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

There are other versions of that flyer that are more insulting than that one. The one I have has a statement, straighten the seams in your stockings.

Studebaker had to be the most poltically incorrect company ever.
    The Dictator
    The Sccotsman
    Those pamplets
    The washroom posters asking salemen if their breath is fresh, hair combed, and tie on correctly.

Comment

There are other versions of that flyer that are more insulting than that one. The one I have has a statement, straighten the seams in your stockings.

Studebaker had to be the most poltically incorrect company ever.
      The Dictator
      The Sccotsman
      Those pamplets
      The washroom posters asking salemen if their breath is fresh, hair combed, and tie on correctly.

Comment

I have one of those for Studebaker and one simular for Dodge

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

I have one of those for Studebaker and one simular for Dodge

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
          As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Oh for heaven's sake, Billy! Loosen your drawers a bit! There was a day when women were'nt trying to be men and this flyer was considered cute, even funny! Being a gentleman (my mother wouldn't have it any other way) the advice on the flat would work very well for me. I really like it when a woman is a woman and you can put that in your politically correct pipe and smoke it! Am I a male chauvanist pig? You betcha! And proud of it baby![8D]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Oh for heaven's sake, Billy! Loosen your drawers a bit! There was a day when women were'nt trying to be men and this flyer was considered cute, even funny! Being a gentleman (my mother wouldn't have it any other way) the advice on the flat would work very well for me. I really like it when a woman is a woman and you can put that in your politically correct pipe and smoke it! Am I a male chauvanist pig? You betcha! And proud of it baby![8D]

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Hopefully, Craig Parslow will post his teacher's reaction to this booklet when Craig brought it in for "review!" BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hopefully, Craig Parslow will post his teacher's reaction to this booklet when Craig brought it in for "review!" BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The concept of PC has been alluded to on and off lately here. That anyone would find that text insulting instead of funny is a perfect example of it[V] Not picking on you, Bill; just observing that while there was nothing thought to be wrong with that in it's day, people would freak out if something similar was written today...[:0]

I miss the days when women were women, and it was OK for men to be glad of that

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

The concept of PC has been alluded to on and off lately here. That anyone would find that text insulting instead of funny is a perfect example of it[V] Not picking on you, Bill; just observing that while there was nothing thought to be wrong with that in it's day, people would freak out if something similar was written today...[:0]

I miss the days when women were women, and it was OK for men to be glad of that

Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I have one of those booklets that I gave to my wife for a few laughs when I bought the 61' lark for her to drive.
                        1947 Studebaker M-5
                        1946 Studebaker M-5
                        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                        1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I have one of those booklets that I gave to my wife for a few laughs when I bought the 61' lark for her to drive.
                          1947 Studebaker M-5
                          1946 Studebaker M-5
                          1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                          1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                          1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I have this one that she wrote.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I have this one that she wrote.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment