Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1946-M5 has no logo STUDEBAKER on the trunk door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1946-M5 has no logo STUDEBAKER on the trunk door.

I bought this beauty two weeks ago.

Unfortunately I do not know his story, I wonder if the door of the trunk is original ?.
    It has the contour in high relief, but it does not have the STUDEBAKER logo.Maybe the logo was originally painted?

This model 1946 M5 C2.

I will be grateful for your contributions

Thank you
    Francisco
    1946 Studebaker M5

sigpic

I have not seen one like that, but export vehicles sometimes got different parts.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Very pretty truck! I think some export trucks were sold as cab and chassis, and then locally-made cargo boxes were installed. Local content helped reduce the tariff burden on the distributor and his customers.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

A little of topic, but I really like the look of those tail lights. I don't think I have seen any like that here.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

The reproduction tailgates for M and C-cab trucks are supplied by Mack Hils/Mack Products to other vendors. Mack Products stamps Studebaker or Dodge into the tailgates, but will also supply them without the name embossed. The Mack Products website seems to be going through a rebuild, so the Studebaker and Dodge products are not illustrated just now.
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

I used one of the replica tailgates on my M5. It looks great. The tailgate is the most important piece of sheet metal on any old pickup. It's the first place people look to see what kind it is! What a shame they didn't put the logo on the Coupe Express!

Comment

Thank you all for your contributions.
              The person who sold me the truck told me that maybe the truck was the first batch that was made after the war (1945), and that is why it did not have the logo on the back door. But I could verify that, without a doubt, the truck was produced in 1946 (I verified the codes of the body, the chassis and the engine).
              So I'm inclined to think that it was produced by Mack Products,
              I will try to get a door with the logo so that everything is complete.

regards
              1946 Studebaker M5

sigpic

Comment

Studebaker produced 4000 M-15 trucks in 1945 and many were pickups on 120” wheelbase chassis. The M series debuted in 1941 and they used the same tailgate pre and post war.

Comment

Working...
                X