Drive Your Studebaker To Work Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Your Studebaker To Work Pics

Over on the Studebaker Addicts (International) Facebook page, a thread was started titled "Take Your Studebaker To Work Day," with pictures of members' Studebakers at job sites.

Made me do some pictures searching, and I found these. Brought back some fond work/Stude memories.

Do you have pictures to share of your Studes at your job sites?

Click image for larger version

Name:	GG.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1759823

Name:	work.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1759824

Name:	05.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1759825
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

What is the Hawk? It looks like either a rare 1957-1958 K body (hardtop) that is not a Golden Hawk or it is a modified car. Since it is yours and there is some modification, it is probably the latter.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      What is the Hawk? It looks like either a rare 1957-1958 K body (hardtop) that is not a Golden Hawk or it is a modified car. Since it is yours and there is some modification, it is probably the latter.
      '58 Golden Hawk. I need to look for other pictures, there may be an optical illusion here... it had the supercharger in place, and my memory says it had the original hood, although it does not appear so in this pic.
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
        '58 Golden Hawk. I need to look for other pictures, there may be an optical illusion here... it had the supercharger in place, and my memory says it had the original hood, although it does not appear so in this pic.
        Some memory cells came out of dormancy last night... the supercharger was not on the car when I bought it. Had it rebuilt, and replaced the hood with a factory GH one. Dave changed a modified part of a car to original. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

I bought my truck early in 1975, not too long after graduating from college (1973). At the time, I was working in Vocational Rehabilitation specializing in visually impaired (blind). I drove the (then) used truck to my office. Down the street from my office was the first/last and only "Willard" battery dealer I have ever seen. Within a few weeks of buying the truck, the battery went dead while I was at work. So, I managed a rolling start and made it to the battery store. The diminutive widow lady operating the store pulled the old soft top Willard battery out of the truck and told me she wouldn't be surprised if it was the original battery. Until that time, I didn't know that Willard was the OEM brand for Studebaker.

She sold me a new 6 volt Willard, but they were no longer soft top with replaceable/rebuildable cells. It was near that time I learned of the SDC and really began to pay attention and take more interest in my truck and Studebaker. It has been driven to various work venues through the years, but never beat up and banged around in the traditional sense of a work truck. In fact, over the years, when asked what I hauled in the truck, I would often answer, "Nothing heavier than my little girl (daughter), feathers, and marshmallows."

Now that I'm retired, WE (the truck & I) sometimes still do a little hauling. This is a pic I took with my phone camera this past summer after returning from the feed store. Usually, when I go to the store with my Dodge Ram, the folks at the store plop the feed sack in for me. However, they know when I drive the Studebaker...I load it myself.

Name:	55 truck at work3 summer 2018.jpg
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1724537
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

He is my new everyday driver. 1960 V8 - 259 automatic Lark . I had to sell our 62 GT hawk to pay for moving. We have since got this one and just now starting to go through it.

Name:	Edna.jpg
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1724538
            sigpic
            Tim Johnston
            Collierville TN

Comment

I'm still grinding away in high school, but I do have this one of that lovely GT Hawk and I just before we went off for a debate tournament. Darn sideways image!

Name:	Pose.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1724539
              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Parked at the school where I work.

Name:	DSCN2203.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1724540
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Name:	Pose.jpg
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1724541

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                    Some memory cells came out of dormancy last night... the supercharger was not on the car when I bought it. Had it rebuilt, and replaced the hood with a factory GH one. Dave changed a modified part of a car to original. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
                    Did you change the bars in the side grilles, the grille emblem and the wheels/tires/wheelcovers also?
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      Did you change the bars in the side grilles, the grille emblem and the wheels/tires/wheelcovers also?
                      IIRC, I did relocate the grille emblem.
                      Last edited by Studedude; 12-06-2018, 10:27 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]77365[/ATTACH]

Thanks! Like most other people, I'm not immune from techno-illiteracy.
                        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]77365[/ATTACH]

It took a moment...but I just knew I had some kind of "INK BLOT" association from the past with that picture
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I drove my Lark to my first day of work in 1969 (Falk Corp) and drove it to my last day (H-D) in 2015.
                            Attached Files
                            james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                              Thanks! Like most other people, I'm not immune from techno-illiteracy.
                              It seems that some pics...especially ones from a phone....will post sideways or upside down. Not just in this forum, but others too.

I found it best to post from an on line photo album. It doesn't take up forum "band width" (it is an expense to the SDC to host your pictures), you can post pictures on Stove Huggers that way whereas you can't if posting from your computer, you can control the size of the picture posted (not the "one size fits all" size if the forum hosts the picture), the picture won't post sideways or upside down, and a viewer doesn't have to click on a thumbnail to see it.

If you are going to post from your computer, open it in a viewer first (I use Apple so mine is "Preview". I'm not sure what the default is for you PC folks), make sure it is in the correct orientation, then re-save it (even if it was already in the correct orientation). Now when you post it, it will be right side up.
                              Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 12-06-2018, 09:33 AM.
                              Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X