Need to identify a Studebaker model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to identify a Studebaker model

A former Studebaker dealer who is building a collection has contacted me for help. He has acquired a 1939 4 door sedan. He says the serial number is 4803170. He needs to know what model it is. It is pretty rough. Hopefully someone can help.

Stu Chapman

Stu , I don’t think it would be more then a 6 figure number
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I think it is a 1939 Commander 9A Los Angeles built (starting number 4802301)

Comment

Need to see the body tag on the firewall in the engine compartment to tell what body and what trim level.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

The serial number range for the 1939 Vernon (L.A.) built model 9A Commander was 4802301 to 4807600.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks to all for the information.

The former Studebaker dealer who has acquired this car is John Trevisanutto, the dealer principal of Halfway Motors in Thunder Bay ON, which became a Nissan dealer when Studebaker closed in 1966.

John is the son of John Trevisanutto Sr, the co-founder of Halfway Motors along with his brother-in-law Lee Fogolin, a former NHL hockey star. Both John Sr and Lee passed away several years ago.

If any member is driving through northern Ontario, do drop into Halfway Motors and visit with John and his collection of four Studebakers.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
            X