Under Hood Insulation Cement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Hood Insulation Cement?

Would you use Weatherstrip Adhesive?.....some thing better?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

I would use a spray can adhesive like one made by 3-m or others for just this purpose. Same thing used on seat foam.

Comment

Thank You!....(why didn't I think of that?).....
      Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      I would use a spray can adhesive like one made by 3-m or others for just this purpose. Same thing used on seat foam.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Make sure you tape off that beautiful brand new paint job first.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

3M 8090 is recommended by 3M for hood pads. Don't use a lesser product.

3M™ Trim Adhesive securely bonds vinyl, heavyweight liners and hood silencer pads where high strength and heat resistance are needed. This versatile automotive adhesive is perfect for attaching vinyl, insulation, foam, padding and rubber parts to metal and other surfaces. Easy, spray-on aerosol offers convenience.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            3M 8090 is recommended by 3M for hood pads. Don't use a lesser product.

3M™ Trim Adhesive securely bonds vinyl, heavyweight liners and hood silencer pads where high strength and heat resistance are needed. This versatile automotive adhesive is perfect for attaching vinyl, insulation, foam, padding and rubber parts to metal and other surfaces. Easy, spray-on aerosol offers convenience.

Bob
            And follow the instructions exactly. You don't want to have to do it again.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

It's a whole lot easier to have the hood upside down on the ground (or whatever) when you stick on the hood insulator. If you are working on the underside of the installed hood, it's kind of nice to have a helper. Once you place the pad on the inside of the hood you have just sprayed with adhesive, you aren't going to be able to move it or smooth it. Ask me how I know that.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
              X