53 Commander coupe dash photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Commander coupe dash photo

Can anyone post a photo of a 53 Commander Coupe dash? Left side of the gauges. Thanks

Actually, all 53 Commanders had the same dash. Coupes, hardtops, 4 doors, 2 doors.

I'm not sure what details you are looking for, but this one is somewhat not stock. Wrong colors, light in place of a switch or block of plate on the left most switch hole.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

What would this dash be?Click image for larger version

Name:	9D0D9BFC-CBAD-49E7-B9C6-D076266FA333.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1724470This is the dash in a 1953 I’m considering purchasing.
      Last edited by tim333; 11-24-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Its set up like a 57-58 Hawk and has a clock where i'd put a tach. I'm no expert on them. 1956-61 are about the same and commonly put into 53-54 C/K for an easy 12V conversion and also because the SW gauges and machine turned panels are just too cool..

Comment

That one has a Red Dash, the Color coded dashes started in 1959, and the Steering wheel and other Steering Column components are 1957 and later type.

There is a cutout in the Fiberglass for the Clock to be over between the Radio and Glove Box, so a Tach. can go in the hole that Clock is in if desired.

Since all C and K Bodies have the same Cowl and Windshield, many have different year dashes installed.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's pretty easy to google "1953 Studebaker dashboard" & click on "images", works everytime for me when I wonder about how something looks...

Comment

Really Nox? Do you think what you see is accurate? You won’t get correct info like what Studerich gracefully supplies. I purchased a 53 sales brochure off Ebay and the picture I have in post #3 didn’t look like the brochure, hence my question.
              Last edited by tim333; 11-25-2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                Really Nox? Do you think what you see is accurate? You won’t get correct info like what Studerich gracefully supplies. I purchased a 53 sales brochure off Ebay and the picture I have in post #3 didn’t look like the brochure, hence my question.
                Wow! How rude.....
                sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

I don't get it. If you already had a picture of a 53 dash in your brochure, why did you ask for a picture of a 53 dash?
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

The picture in the brochure was very small, not clear and didn’t match the screenshot of the dash in the 53 Commander I was considering buying. It’s just as easy to ask here as it is to Google and the info here I consider accurate. So he’s not rude telling me I should Google?? I like sharing thoughts with club members, that’s why I joined. Always find help and good advice.

Comment

Here’s a better photo.Click image for larger version

Name:	A29A0B8B-6092-41D2-888D-EA5D93D87839.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1724548

Comment

As Rich said, not a 53 dash, but probably a good upgrade if the car has been converted to 12 volts.

Comment

I think the '56 dash had a third toggle switch instead of the slider, to the left of the steering column. The '58 to '61 Hawk had a simple cutout for the radio, like in Tim's photo above. The '56 & '57 require a face plate. All have the fiberglass cut out for a small vac. or vac./press. gauge above the steering column. Which was used on Golden Hawks.
                          Mike

Comment

The dash is from a 58 to 61 Hawk as it has a later model hybrid radio in it and not the larger AC 2747 radio that was used in the 56 and 57 Hawks. Bud

Comment

Ah well, I just reckon there's enough pictures to select what ought to be original, probably the ones that looks most alike. & maby ad "original" too.
                              That's me being rude, I just found out...
                              But no worries, I'm used to be in the wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X