CBS Evening News, Nov. 25, 1963, mentions Egbert resigning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Evening News, Nov. 25, 1963, mentions Egbert resigning

This was a special one-hour news program on the day of JFK's funeral, and at 53:35 Cronkite mentions Egbert's resignation that day.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Only us older guys remember it with any sense of history or nostalgia, but of course this Thanksgiving Day it is 55 years since JFK's assassination. It was the 9/11 of our generation.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Indeed. I remember the whole world seemed to go quiet when the news of Kennedy's assassination hit the airwaves. It was surreal.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I was in the 2nd grade. The only 2 memories I have are when some adult came into the class room & told us; and the day of the funeral Mom ran us kids outside to play because we were complaining there wasn't anything else on tv to watch except a black wagon being pulled by a horse in what looked like a slow parade.
      Mike Sal

Comment

I was in 10th grade health class, our teacher was hard of hearing, the radio broadcast came over the intercom but it took a while for us students to figure out what was going on. When I got home from school I was glued to the TV, we only had NBC and another independent station. Also saw Ruby shoot Oswall, couldn't believe what I was seeing. Was at the Kennedy Museum in Boston in June on a VMCCA tour. Brought back a lot of memories.

Jerry Kurtz

Comment

I was stationed at Ft. Bragg with the Airborne & Electronics Test Board on that fateful day but after a brief formation on Saturday, all were released for the weekend as we were not a combat unit. I was not a Studebaker at the time hence I would have paid little heed to the Egbert resigning.

My love affair with Studebaker began in January of 1966 after I purchased my Power Hawk from a neighbor who in turn purchased it a few years earlier from our plumber...

Comment

I was working for a newspaper in Hackensack NJ, The Bergen Evening Record, about mid morning a red light flashed on the AP line, and printed a headline that JFK was shoot and killed in Texas.
            The story was retracted almost at once, and then the story as we all know it played out. This was my first job, I was just released from the Army and my 62 GT, Riviera BLue, 4 speed, full dash
            with the FT Sill parking pass still on on the car (top, mid windshield) was parked in the company parking lot, the car was purchased new from Almyra Packard (that was still the dealers name),
            Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY

Comment

Originally posted by mike cenit View Post
              I was working for a newspaper in Hackensack NJ, The Bergen Evening Record, about mid morning a red light flashed on the AP line, and printed a headline that JFK was shoot and killed in Texas.
              The story was retracted almost at once, and then the story as we all know it played out. This was my first job, I was just released from the Army and my 62 GT, Riviera BLue, 4 speed, full dash
              with the FT Sill parking pass still on on the car (top, mid windshield) was parked in the company parking lot, the car was purchased new from Almyra Packard (that was still the dealers name),
              Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY
              I will never forget when my 3rd grade teacher came in the room with the sad announcement. Few adults close to me voted for Kennedy, but all were outraged & grief-stricken by the hit and I did not ever hear anyone making any negative statements about him, only expressions of sorrow. Things were not as bitterly partisan as they are today.

Comment

As I mentioned here-------> http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=assassination I was at home when my dad walked in the front door.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X