It's a miracle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a miracle!

After numerous suggestions about getting rid of a really annoying and pervasive rattle on my Sky Hawk I finally (I thinK) solved the problem. Some suggested that it was the bar under the reatr
    peter lee

Under the "reatr"? How did you actually solve it?

Comment

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
      I think Peter must have gotten distracted or something. I'm hoping something drastic didn't happen causing us to never learn what the rattle was.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Cat on the keyboard...?

Comment

This is just like having the electricity go off just when the detective says, "And the name of the murderer is..."
          I wonder what part number the reatr is.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ab1a42f8c4b67d61a018696aeff11741.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1724374Oh, the suspense!
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

This is another case of the thread title being useless.
              Last edited by studegary; 11-18-2018, 08:04 PM. Reason: missing h
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Is this a tread?
                Originally posted by studegary View Post
                This is another case of the tread title being useless.
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Is this a tread?
                  No, just a case of a missing h. Perhaps I am just more used to tires than sewing.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
                    I had decided not to continue writing it and thought I had deleted it but evidently it didn't take. The miracle is that that godawful rattle which made me believe that my brain was actually un-anchored, was indeed, as many said on this venue, the damn rod under the hood. I had but some rubber on the spots suggested and taped them in place, to no avail. Then somehow, in the ways these inspirational thoughts seem to come to us, I took a length of foam pipe insulation and put it over the entire span of the rod. Then on a road test, fully expecting no improvement, I was shocked, shocked to find it worked! Now I'm thinking if this is what they mean by a Christmas miracle? Maybe...
                    peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
                      I had decided not to continue writing it and thought I had deleted it but evidently it didn't take. The miracle is that that godawful rattle which made me believe that my brain was actually un-anchored, was indeed, as many said on this venue, the damn rod under the hood. I had but some rubber on the spots suggested and taped them in place, to no avail. Then somehow, in the ways these inspirational thoughts seem to come to us, I took a length of foam pipe insulation and put it over the entire span of the rod. Then on a road test, fully expecting no improvement, I was shocked, shocked to find it worked! Now I'm thinking if this is what they mean by a Christmas miracle? Maybe...
                      Thank you Peter for coming back and explaining what happened. I've been awake all night worrying about what may have happened to you. <G>
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                        Thank you Peter for coming back and explaining what happened. I've been awake all night worrying about what may have happened to you. <G>
                        Thank you for your concern.
                        peter lee

Comment

Well Peter, I'm glad it didn't successfully delete. This turned out to be a fun conversation. I can sympathise about the annoyance of a rattle or other difficult to trace noise. My cars seem to make them up as they go along and then hide them for another day's fun before I can find them.
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                          X