Sky Hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Hawks

Even when they're filthy and need complete restoration, they're still nice to look at.

I put a set of wide whites on Ferrous Oxide today, and took the hubcaps out of the trunk and stuck them on. Amazing what just that did to the looks of the car.

Don't tell Bob Palma that I was standing on the roof of a factory Astra White '64 Daytona Wagonaire to get this shot. (Note that tire changer in the background. Older than the cars, but still works fine. )

The 'new' Sky Hawk (without a name as of yet) is still sittin' on the trailer. However, the darn thing fires right up and runs GREAT! 40 lbs of oil pressure when it gets hot. [^]

The tarp got put over it because it was raining, and we wouldn't want Stephen to come steal it from the rust mites. [)]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Matt,

Ol' Ferrous Oxide looks good with the wide whites! Looks like you're having fun with that one.

Today was my first day out and about since the ice storm hit. Now if we can just piece together a string of reasonably warm(er) days, I might be able to get some stuff done.

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

Matt,

Ol' Ferrous Oxide looks good with the wide whites! Looks like you're having fun with that one.

Today was my first day out and about since the ice storm hit. Now if we can just piece together a string of reasonably warm(er) days, I might be able to get some stuff done.

Comment

And what does that '64 Wagonaire look like...[}].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

And what does that '64 Wagonaire look like...[}].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Matt
            Would you mind measuring the width of the whide white walls?

Comment

Matt
              Would you mind measuring the width of the whide white walls?

Comment

Those white walls look like they could be originals! It looks good with them!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Those white walls look like they could be originals! It looks good with them!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

The Wagonaire is toast. [xx(]

Bill, I'll measure 'em tomorrow.

Leonard, they're OLD tires, at least 20 years or better. My neighbor gave 'em to us when he put new radials on a '53 Chevy he bought. They have very few miles on them though. New ones would make the car look bad. [)]

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The Wagonaire is toast. [xx(]

Bill, I'll measure 'em tomorrow.

Leonard, they're OLD tires, at least 20 years or better. My neighbor gave 'em to us when he put new radials on a '53 Chevy he bought. They have very few miles on them though. New ones would make the car look bad. [)]

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey Stephen. Still waiting on Mitchell to shove that Mopar junk out of his garage to make room for the Hawk. [8D]

Like I said, if it gets down to it, I'll give up the Orange truck's carport to keep the blue/gray car out of the weather if I have to. The car is too nice to let sit out. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                        '59 Scotsman
                        '63 Daytona
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey Stephen. Still waiting on Mitchell to shove that Mopar junk out of his garage to make room for the Hawk. [8D]

Like I said, if it gets down to it, I'll give up the Orange truck's carport to keep the blue/gray car out of the weather if I have to. The car is too nice to let sit out. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                          '59 Scotsman
                          '63 Daytona
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matt, one more thing, on "Ferrous", it is pained in the "tricolor" fashion. I thought this was only done on the Golden's in '56, not on the Sky Hawk's.

Comment

Matt, one more thing, on "Ferrous", it is pained in the "tricolor" fashion. I thought this was only done on the Golden's in '56, not on the Sky Hawk's.

Comment

Working...
                              X