Supporting Studebakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting Studebakers!

Wherever I go with my Studebaker, I try to impart their values upon anyone who cares. Of course, it is nice to have backup for those really special occasions!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebakers!.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	1759719
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Good for you, Jake!
    Ignore the boo-birds. They will always be around. Don't let them suck the joy out of a wonderful marque and hobby.
    Sure, there are layers of ability, desire, talent, and gumption.
    So what!
    Spread that enthusiasm! Tell that story! Promote the hobby!
    Learn from the elders. If you approach them right, they have a lot to share.
    Just stay away from the cranks. They won't be happy until you are sitting with them...whining.
    This is a fun thing.
    Thank goodness we live in countries (https://www.quora.com/In-singular-po...es-or-countrys) where we can play!

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
    Wherever I go with my Studebaker, I try to impart their values upon anyone who cares. Of course, it is nice to have backup for those really special occasions!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76855[/ATTACH]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

As an addendum..
      One way to promote the hobby is to open your heart, and open your doors...
      Sometimes that's hard... But it usually pays off in future enthusiasm...
      An example... Got a call the other day from a Pennsylvania guy that wanted to 'stop by' while he was in the Savannah area..
      I said "Sure!"... Spent a whole half hour doing the Bill Murray Caddyshack apartment (shop) cleaning routine...
      Later on I was whacking at something on the workbench and I hear a voice boom out from behind..
      Turned around and there was Tom Donathan... I must have looked stupid what with the hat, ear plugs, goggles, and grit all over me..
      Did the intro's, grabbed some lemonade, and shot the Studes#!t for a few hours.
      That visit did more for me than it did for Tom.... I think.
      Backed 'The Black Car' out of the trailer and let Tom listen to some Stude Power music...
      From the look of his smile, I think he liked it.....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jake, it is good to see you are really enjoying your Studebaker and sharing your passion with others. Keep it up.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Jake, you are our new normal! Keep it up and good luck with your beautiful Hawk.
          PS: We need more "dog" pics!
          Bill

Comment

Working...
          X