My new intake manifold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new intake manifold.

I just received one of Jeff Rice's masterpieces for the 259 on my 52 Commander. We had worked out a trade several months ago. I know some of you may have seen a post like this on Facebook, but I thought someone else might like to see what it looks like.
    I weighed a spare late AFB manifold like the one currently on my car and the new piece. The stocker came in at 27.5 lbs. and the new one at 12 lbs..
    I hope an Edelbrock bolts up. I notice the AFB bolt pattern is different. If it wasn't raining, I would go check the carb on the 52.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    I just received one of Jeff Rice's masterpieces for the 259 on my 52 Commander. We had worked out a trade several months ago. I know some of you may have seen a post like this on Facebook, but I thought someone else might like to see what it looks like.
    I weighed a spare late AFB manifold like the one currently on my car and the new piece. The stocker came in at 27.5 lbs. and the new one at 12 lbs..
    I hope an Edelbrock bolts up. I notice the AFB bolt pattern is different. If it wasn't raining, I would go check the carb on the 52.
    how much taller is the new one?

Comment

As usual, Jeff does beautiful work as well as a service to the SDC community.

Edelbrock is AFB design manufactured by Weber in Italy; so the bolt patterns are the same. From here, it appears your intake may have a Holley bolt pattern and require an adapter for an AFB. Of course, there are millions of 600 CFM Holley carbs for little more than the cost of an adapter.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by john Mitchell View Post
        I'm not sure. I have more clearance under the hood of my 52 so I wasn't concerned. I may try to measure both if I can line them up equally.
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by john Mitchell View Post
          About a 2" height difference...

-----------------------------------------------------

An aftermarket (Edelbrock) AFB drops right on using the outer bolt holes.
          A Holley bolts on, too...

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
          <snip>
          Edelbrock is AFB design manufactured by Weber in Italy; so the bolt patterns are the same. From here, it appears your intake may have a Holley bolt pattern and require an adapter for an AFB. Of course, there are millions of 600 CFM Holley carbs for little more than the cost of an adapter.

jack vines
          Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-31-2018, 12:37 PM.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

You should have no hood clearance issues with a '52...

A C/K and an Avanti? There you will have issues.... But...
            I build an aluminum single plane intake that works well for those that are hood impaired

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
            I'm not sure. I have more clearance under the hood of my 52 so I wasn't concerned. I may try to measure both if I can line them up equally.
            Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-31-2018, 12:34 PM.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

2 inches is what I got too. If I had known you would check in so quickly, I wouldn't have gone out into the soggy yard and measured the Edelbrock bolt placement. It looks good to me.
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Looks great!! Congrats!
                -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
                1960 Metropolitan Convertible
                1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
                1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment