A&M Garage.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&M Garage.........

Anyone know if Wayne Morris is still fixing Studebaker's?........is his mother Lillian Morris still alive?
    What happened to all of the parts from the garage on Webster Avenue?

I was wondering the same thing. I still have fond memories of calling Tony and he would say something like, I do not have that motor mount for a 47 champ but I have a Kaiser one that will work better. And yes that mount is on the car today still! I use to enjoy chatting with him at our meets
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

This will answer some of your questions: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=tony
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Dan can we all assume in 2018 that Wayne no longer fixes Studes( due to no parts) and that his mother has passed away??
        Originally posted by dpson View Post
        This will answer some of your questions: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=tony

Comment

Tony knew Studebaker's better than Studebaker did when they were still making them, he was amazing. I had a 62 GT Hawk that had the hood rubbing on the drivers side firewall/back inside fender, I had it to 3 or 4 dealers,
          from Oklahoma to Brooklyn, they moved this and that, changed brackets, nothing worked, he did a "tap/tap" with a ball end of a hammer, and it was fixed. Amazing.

Comment

Back in the late 1920s into the 30's, Tony worked for Studebaker at their Deane Street (Brooklyn NY) depot, he wore roller skates zipping around collecting parts!!
            Originally posted by mike cenit View Post
            Tony knew Studebaker's better than Studebaker did when they were still making them, he was amazing. I had a 62 GT Hawk that had the hood rubbing on the drivers side firewall/back inside fender, I had it to 3 or 4 dealers,
            from Oklahoma to Brooklyn, they moved this and that, changed brackets, nothing worked, he did a "tap/tap" with a ball end of a hammer, and it was fixed. Amazing.

Comment

Working...
            X