Sun's Out - Avanti's Out Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun's Out - Avanti's Out Part Deux

The last video was a walk around of my 74 Avanti parked outside in the sunlight. I could only post one video so today I took the second one showing the engine and interior in some detail.

The good news -

You will hear the soothing strains of Canon in D Major covering my breathing and moving around.

You also won't have to suffer through another video on the 74 until spring.

The bad news -

It's 2:10 min you will never get back

Bob

Thanks. The Pontiac seats look like a large improvement. What is going to go where I see two pop rivets above the rear seat back? I like the idea of struts for the hood, but aren't they usually mounted the other end up?

EDIT: I think the struts are mounted the way yours are in a 2018 Camaro.
    Last edited by studegary; 10-27-2018, 06:50 PM.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Beautiful work. The dash swap looks great, as well as the instruments & extras..
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Thanks. The Pontiac seats look like a large improvement. What is going to go where I see two pop rivets above the rear seat back? I like the idea of struts for the hood, but aren't they usually mounted the other end up?

EDIT: I think the struts are mounted the way yours are in a 2018 Camaro.
        Thanks Gary, the pop rivets are button allen head bolts. When I upholstered that section, the vinyl needed to be stretched quite a bit in that area so I added the bolts to attach the piece of ABS you see to keep the vinyl in place. I'll eventually replace it with something more appropriate. I mounted the struts like the picture in the illustration they came with.

Appreciate the comments, Bob

Comment

I must say, this is a well-executed hot rod! There's only one thing I wonder. It may be due to my own ignorance, but why do you seem to have an AMC logo on your steering wheel?
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
            I must say, this is a well-executed hot rod! There's only one thing I wonder. It may be due to my own ignorance, but why do you seem to have an AMC logo on your steering wheel?
            Good catch, I bought an AMC column at a swap meet to supply parts for the 74 column that needed some repair. Same column. I liked the steering wheel better so I leather wrapped it and installed same. I'll replace the logo at a later date when I find/build a more appropriate piece.

You're getting good at this Stude/Avanti thing.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X