Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reedsville Studebaker Photos Please Help Identify

Hello Folks --

I took quite a few photos at Reedsville that I will be posting to my Studebaker web page and I am asking for help in identifying the cars and trucks and their owners.

Please identify any of those posted below if you can help --

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Bill
    The Speedster is mine, Was loaded to leave Thur morning and the breaks when out on my 07 3500 diesel chevy truck. Thank goodness it happened in my driveway, could have been real ugly if it would have happened on the road.
    Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Originally posted by bjackameit View Post
      Hello Folks --

I took quite a few photos at Reedsville that I will be posting to my Studebaker web page and I am asking for help in identifying the cars and trucks and their owners.
      Thanks in advance.
      The Gray Truck is a 1955, the Beige & Aqua Green Truck is a '56, the Gold Avanti is probably a '63, the Gold GT Hawk is a '63, the Mauve and Red Silver Hawk is a '58, the President Speedster is a '55, the Wagonaire is a Regal '63, the White GT Hawk is a '64.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by jerezstude View Post
        Bill
        The Speedster is mine, Was loaded to leave Thur morning and the breaks when out on my 07 3500 diesel chevy truck. Thank goodness it happened in my driveway, could have been real ugly if it would have happened on the road.
        Jerry Kurtz
        With today's discs everywhere, proportioned, sensored, computered everything components...we rarely hear of such sudden failures (at least I haven't). So if it's not too much trouble Jerry, how about letting us know more? Even if you have to start a new thread, it is probably a subject we could all benefit from.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Seams chevy trucks are notorious for their brake lines rusting through, my truck is an 07 3500 diesel crewcab Silverado. Local chevy dealer replaced it with the same type limes, I understand there are SS lines available in the aftermarket. Think I will paint lines with etching primer to see if that helps. I will continue to monitor the brake lines for rust. When the rollback arrived he told me I would have either front or rear brakes, couldn't believe it when the brake pedal went straight to the floor. I had my insert camper in the bed pulling a two wheel 5 by 8 trailer loaded with transmissions. The area around my garages is flat while the drive way is rather steep. I had just started down the incline when I lost the brakes, fortunately I had the wherewith to apply the emergency brake. As I said I was fortunate it happened in my driveway and not on the highway.
          Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Yeah, what about "everyone's savior"... the DUAL MASTER CYLINDER?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Yeah, it's strange how both his front AND rear brake lines had a hole rust in them at the same time.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

R1 Engine?

Originally posted by jerezstude View Post
                Bill
                Jerry Kurtz
                Hi Jerry --

Thanks -- I noted an "R1" emblem on the front fender -- has the car been re-engined?
                Bill Jackameit
                1964 Challenger Wagonaire
                1964 Daytona Sedan
                Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
                Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
                https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

Yep, I really like my 1991 and 1999 Olds 88's with 3.8 engines, but the first thing to go are the 2 most important safety items, the fuel lines and the brake lines, and they rust out very quickly. Lots of GM owners have the same complaint. Too bad they didn't have the good sense to use stainless or CU/NI lines.

As far as brakes, my 1999 had the X brake system, so if a line goes out then you are supposed to have one front, and the opposite rear still working, but the pedal goes almost to the floor, and the car pulls to the side with the working front brake. When you get home (or if you get home) it will be time to change your underwear.

Comment

Good Grief! Jerry, now I'm embarrassed...how self-centered and insensitive of me to ignore the challenge you guys in the land of "real winters," endure due to the constant application of some strange chemical known as ROAD SALT!

That never crossed my mind. I'm sorry.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

And now, if we may return to Mr. Jackameit's original post request. While the vehicles have been identified, only a couple owners have been.
                      Originally posted by bjackameit View Post
                      Hello Folks --

Thanks in advance.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Bill
                        When I bought the speedster it was in very poor condition. Didn't know the condition of the motor as obviously the motor was just installed and was not hooked up, so I built an R1 motor with a three speed flight-o-matic transmission.
                        Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Does anybody know what I can do to see the pictures in the original post? It says ‘attached thumbnails’ with a paper clip but nothing else.
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            Apparently what they didn't count on was the piping around the ABS unit. I lost the brakes on my 2000 Silverado heading into a major intersection and they all went out. Luckily I was able to dodge a couple of cars and roll it into a restaurant parking lot. The brake piping generally affected is under the drivers seat and and that's where the ABS unit resides. Talked to the Chevy reps and now you know why I drive a Ram.

I thought the rust issues were pretty much handled by 2006 but it doesn't mean they were cured. I had the lines replaced at a local private garage for $420 and the owner said they had replaced a lot of them over the years. Chevy wanted $1200 to fix their mistake.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                              Does anybody know what I can do to see the pictures in the original post? It says ‘attached thumbnails’ with a paper clip but nothing else.
                              Bob, they show up on my PC. Are you trying to view them on an iPhone? I've seen a lot of people having a problem with that.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X