PDA

View Full Version : Stupid cell phones!

DougHolverson
10-16-2018, 11:36 AM
The stupid cell phones are driving me up the wall!*After not losing any since ‘02, I probably lost two in one month. What’s double annoying, is how much the “where was the last place that you had it?” conventional wisdom isn’t working. I have a clear memory of tossing the one on the carpet of the Land Cruiser. Where it magically disappeared without a trace forever. I have a clear memory of two nights ago when I*took*the other phone out of the car and tossed*it on the counter. From where it magically disappeared without a trace. I’m going to give it a week to show up before I get another one. I hope that I don’t have an emergency during that time….*

tim333
10-16-2018, 11:41 AM
I guess it’s not an IPhone with the “find my phone” feature. Left mine in a Home Depot restroom a few months ago and tracked it all over town til I recovered it 24 hours later.

wittsend
10-16-2018, 11:54 AM
The disappearing of the cell phones has nothing to do with themselves. Thus they are not "stupid." They do not have wheels, grow legs and go off in hiding. They likely remain where they were left, buried under other items or were inadvertently knocked and slide somewhere. Perhaps they are comingled with comic books and models rocket parts you often speak of. We all misplace things from time to time. And more often than not find it was OUR doing that caused the item to be misplaced.

My wife once left her phone in a resturant. She called the phone and no one answered. We called the resturant and they said no one turned it in. We drove back to the resturant and spoke to a person different than the one that earlier had answered the phone. THEY had found the phone but told no one. So, we had two aspects that inclined us that the phone was not at the resturant - when in fact it still was.

Don't just focus on the "last place," but all the places you were on a specific day. Have you tried calling the phone in an attempt to hear its ring tone? Walking the property, buildings while calling the phone helps. Hopefully you will find it.

Noxnabaker
10-16-2018, 12:26 PM
I do it often too, just ask for another phone to call it & I usually hear it.
(I've recorded mu son singing as ring-tone, can't miss that & people look strange at me when it's ringing...)

DougHolverson
10-16-2018, 12:59 PM
I'm going to have my sister call me. I hope that the battery isn't too dead.

raoul5788
10-17-2018, 04:24 PM
I do it often too, just ask for another phone to call it & I usually hear it.
(I've recorded mu son singing as ring-tone, can't miss that & people look strange at me when it's ringing...)

How do you think I feel, my ringtone is Woody Woodpecker! :)