PDA

View Full Version : 1000+hp/9.66 1/4 mile 2018 Jeep...

62champ
10-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Mom - I'm late for my soccer game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_tZBQZmBNY

Milaca
10-15-2018, 10:35 PM
But can it handle a snow plow??

Buzzard
10-16-2018, 11:02 AM
Unbelievable-it even has a warranty!
Bill

bumpkinvilledano
10-16-2018, 02:09 PM
Cool as the other side of the pillow.

2 things however; I question the drivers sanity for wearing shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes in a vehicle that quick. 2nd, if you showed up at an NHRA track without an approved cage, after one pass at that speed you would be barred from the track.

Buzzard
10-17-2018, 11:07 AM
Dan,
It appears that "Lonestar Motorsports Park is home to Hennessey Performance" and it gives Hennessey a venue for personal test and tune of their specialty performance vehicles, hence being an IHRA endorsed facility.Perhaps Barry can chine in with more information as he is much closer than most of us. Still, turning a street car into that much performance is incredible in my books.
Bill

Stude Shoo-wop!
10-17-2018, 04:09 PM
I feel this roided-out SUV is more like Mom has to get the ice cream home before it melts!

bumpkinvilledano
10-18-2018, 07:27 AM
Dan,
It appears that "Lonestar Motorsports Park is home to Hennessey Performance" and it gives Hennessey a venue for personal test and tune of their specialty performance vehicles, hence being an IHRA endorsed facility.Perhaps Barry can chine in with more information as he is much closer than most of us. Still, turning a street car into that much performance is incredible in my books.
Bill

I wasn't aware that it was a semi private track. I know around here, you can "run what ya brung" at private tracks, but at any track with NHRA affiliation you gotta meet the safety standards. And to me, it's flat foolish to run that quick without safety gear. Bad things happen quick at 145 mph.

Performance these days IS incredible. While I love my old iron I wouldn't dare put it up against most modern stuff for "pink slips".