1953 Belt line trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Belt line trim

Well, Joe was off today and we were able to get the parts back out for a closer look and wipe them down. Some of what we found was disappointing. What we originally thought was two nice NOS pieces turned out to be one broken piece.
    Also, all of the other pieces appear to be used and have fine pits. Not that they aren't good for replating, but we were hoping for better. Sorry to disappoint those who were looking for parts to use as is. Joe did mark the part numbers so we could identify them easier.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

I wish most of the trim I had replated for my '53 had looked that good, should avoid lots of work at the plater. The door top looks like possibily clean break? Not sure how that happened. Could be repaired if its not bent before it broke?

Jeff in ND

Comment

The broken piece could have been stepped on or caught in a bind under some parts. We did not see where the parts had been kept lately, but the other man who was there told Joe the place was a mess. That's why the seller couldn't find the rest of the antenna kit we got the knob for. He is supposed to call if he finds more Studebaker parts. Time will tell.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
      X