Now HERE (was) a bargain (IMHO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now HERE (was) a bargain (IMHO)

Saw this one this morning; when I saw it I thought, JP will own that one within the hour I was shocked he didn't get it!

Wasn't this one really cheap? Or am I missing something?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

quote:Originally posted by bams50

It was really cheap [^]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

It was really cheap [^]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

great color combination, too. I was never a big fan of the lemon-lime or neapolitan color schemes, but black and white looks really good on a Speedster IMHO.

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

great color combination, too. I was never a big fan of the lemon-lime or neapolitan color schemes, but black and white looks really good on a Speedster IMHO.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Yep, 10K for the car, 5K to do the chrome, then put the rest together and you'd be lucky to be only 20K in the car and without the correct 5K leather interior, I passed.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54664,75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,839.60
            63 Lark 2 door
            57 wagon
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Yep, 10K for the car, 5K to do the chrome, then put the rest together and you'd be lucky to be only 20K in the car and without the correct 5K leather interior, I passed.

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54664,75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,839.60
              63 Lark 2 door
              57 wagon
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm beginning to think more like JP everyday. I came close to hitting the BIN. The BIN price was $12,500. The vinyl seats saved me.
                Allen

Comment

I'm beginning to think more like JP everyday. I came close to hitting the BIN. The BIN price was $12,500. The vinyl seats saved me.
                  Allen

Comment

I'd bet a beer this car would be the better buy in the long run.

BTW, you only should only think like me when you are concerned about the dollars and cents. If you just love the car, the fact that you'll be buried in it makes no difference if you don't intend to sell it.

JDP/Maryland
                    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                    spent to date $54664,75
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    57 wagon
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'd bet a beer this car would be the better buy in the long run.

BTW, you only should only think like me when you are concerned about the dollars and cents. If you just love the car, the fact that you'll be buried in it makes no difference if you don't intend to sell it.

JDP/Maryland
                      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                      spent to date $54664,75
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      57 wagon
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I would have had a severe quandary had I seen that auction before it ended, having already collected most of the chrome for my coupe... only thing I don't like about the black and white car is that it's an automatic. I suppose that could be fixed.

nate

--
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        --
                        55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I would have had a severe quandary had I seen that auction before it ended, having already collected most of the chrome for my coupe... only thing I don't like about the black and white car is that it's an automatic. I suppose that could be fixed.

nate

--
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          --
                          55 Commander Starlight

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

nate
                            'Sure could, Nate: That rusty, black & white, documented factory overdrive Speedster I had in the photograph at the top of The Co-Operator column a couple months last year, is still sitting right where it was a year ago, north of Bloomington IN a couple miles on the east side of old Indiana State Road 37.

Is it blue-collar comedian Bill Engle who says, "Here's your sign?" BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

nate
                              'Sure could, Nate: That rusty, black & white, documented factory overdrive Speedster I had in the photograph at the top of The Co-Operator column a couple months last year, is still sitting right where it was a year ago, north of Bloomington IN a couple miles on the east side of old Indiana State Road 37.

Is it blue-collar comedian Bill Engle who says, "Here's your sign?" BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X