PDA

View Full Version : SDC Turning Wheels June 1985 Issue

my2R5
09-17-2018, 12:25 PM
I am hoping someone can help me. The SDC no longer has the June, 1985 issue of Turning Wheels. I am looking for either a copy that someone might have for sale or a copy of the Fred Fox article in the magazine that discusses the 2R5 truck. If you are able to copy the article or have that specific issue available to sell please let me know

I'm hoping someone out there has the article. Many thanks.

2R5
09-17-2018, 12:40 PM
I am hoping someone can help me. The SDC no longer has the June, 1985 issue of Turning Wheels. I am looking for either a copy that someone might have for sale or a copy of the Fred Fox article in the magazine that discusses the 2R5 truck. If you are able to copy the article or have that specific issue available to sell please let me know

i probably have that one .

Lou Van Anne
09-17-2018, 01:49 PM
I've got it....the article takes up almost the entire issue....lots of photos....you would be better off to have the entire issue rather than a copy...but, if you cant find one.....

my2R5
09-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Thanks 2R5 and Lou. I sent you a PM 2R5 as you are not too far away. It would be great to actually have the issue, especially if the pictures are in colour but a copy is a close second. Are either selling your issue? I'm new to the Studebaker family as I just purchased my truck and would like to learn as much as I can about them. Any Canadian records from that period have been lost apparently.
Thanks again.

Sam Ensley
09-17-2018, 01:58 PM
i probably have that one .

Can't you get all of the Turning Wheel issues on a computer drive?

64V-K7
09-17-2018, 02:35 PM
Here it is..
http://www.studebaker-info.org/TW/tw0685/tw0685p03ff.html

BobPalma
09-17-2018, 03:43 PM
:) Hi, Marcus;

I have an extra June 1985 issue in good condition, per my sale of surplus Turning Wheels awhile back:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?101591-Turning-Wheels-surplus-sale&highlight=surplus

As you see in that thread (Post #35, I believe), the postage to Canada is horrendous. I'll take $2.50 for this issue, plus postage. To compute postage on one issue, I'll take a copy to UPS Tuesday, September 18 and see what it would be to a Canadian address in Ontario. Then I'll post your final cost here, including postage.

If you want the issue, you can mail me the appropriate check (or U.S. cash) and I'll send it along. :)

Stay tuned. :cool: BP