PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert

Bill-W
09-11-2018, 09:04 PM
Hello, I got a phone call, the caller new my name and I liked 1951 starlight coupes He said someone from the east coast was going to buy his starlight and backed out but gave him my name ands phone number. He said his dad had died and left him a 1951 starlight with no motor. He had sold the house in Las Vegas and had to get rid of the car before the next day. He would give me the car! He had a buddy that was in charge of shipping at the Oakland port. His buddy would find a quick transport for me. Several phone calls later he found a truck that would move the car for $350. I told him I would find my own transport or have the car towed to storage. He insisted that I use his truck it was cheaper and ready. When I told him I would not give out my Credit Card to someone I did not know, he hung up and they phone calls stopped. I think he got my name and number from the classified ads from the Studebaker Drivers Club website. Bill-W

StudeRich
09-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Geez, they are Out there everywhere outright CROOKS! :mad: Mostly Foreign, and now maybe a few Domestics as well.

Mrs K Corbin
09-12-2018, 06:19 AM
Now that's a new one.....

OOOOH I GOTS AN IDEA! Load one of those Wal-mart Debit cards with one Freakin Penny...... Give em that.......LOL

Alan
09-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Mrs. K, I had the same idea. But found out that it costs $3.00 to load the card and there is a $5.00 a month maintenance fee. I used it very little, just for e-bay stuff and finally got fed up with their fees. I told them to put the card where the sun dosen't shine when the balance got down to $4.68 and they sent me bill for $0.32, saying that I didn't have enough to cover their fee that month.

TWChamp
09-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Mrs. K, I had the same idea. But found out that it costs $3.00 to load the card and there is a $5.00 a month maintenance fee. I used it very little, just for e-bay stuff and finally got fed up with their fees. I told them to put the card where the sun dosen't shine when the balance got down to $4.68 and they sent me bill for $0.32, saying that I didn't have enough to cover their fee that month.

Now, that's funny! Just one more reason not to shop at Wal-Mart.

my2R5
09-12-2018, 05:03 PM
When I get calls like that I just say "hold on while I get my wallet" and then put them on hold and leave it. I see how long they stay on the line before they give up. They never seem to call back. 35 minutes is my longest so far.

RSykes
09-13-2018, 07:53 AM
The over-explanation was a big clue to a scam.

arkusvt
09-13-2018, 08:55 PM
The over-explanation was a big clue to a scam.

i tell the guy(always a guy) that i had a "business transaction" with his sister last night while his mother watched, and his mother collected the $$$$. they hang up without a word.

Mrs K Corbin
09-14-2018, 06:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYylawAlCQ4

this one is pretty funny!