PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads Zone Meet

jims53
09-11-2018, 10:42 AM
I have been a SDC member for 43 years and have never been to a Zone meet. Last week the meet was held at the Sauder Village about 18 miles from my home, so I thought I should take my car to have it judged by Studebaker people. The car does well other shows, but I wanted some Studebaker judges to look at it so I could see where I'm at with the car. I could not stay for the banquet (High School Football game). But today I received a package in the mail this morning from Harvey Snitzer with my second place award and judging sheet. 390 points lost a point for an oil drip (imagine that) and they caught my wrong hood ornament (1954). Nice people and had a good time...

Alan
09-11-2018, 10:49 AM
If they take away points for an oil drip, there will never be a 400 point Stude.

jims53
09-11-2018, 11:57 AM
If they take away points for an oil drip, there will never be a 400 point Stude.

So right!! The rest of the deductions were fair...

2R5
09-11-2018, 01:22 PM
I have been a SDC member for 43 years and have never been to a Zone meet. Last week the meet was held at the Sauder Village about 18 miles from my home, so I thought I should take my car to have it judged by Studebaker people. The car does well other shows, but I wanted some Studebaker judges to look at it so I could see where I'm at with the car. I could not stay for the banquet (High School Football game). But today I received a package in the mail this morning from Harvey Snitzer with my second place award and judging sheet. 390 points lost a point for an oil drip (imagine that) and they caught my wrong hood ornament (1954). Nice people and had a good time...

Jim , it was nice to meet you and your beautiful ‘53. In my opinion your was the nicest one there and probably deserved a bit higher score but don’t let 10 points deduction discourage you from the next judged meet .....they are always different .

jims53
09-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Jim , it was nice to meet you and your beautiful ‘53. In my opinion your was the nicest one there and probably deserved a bit higher score but don’t let 10 points deduction discourage you from the next judged meet .....they are always different .

Thank You!!! What a nice truck you have!!! There were some very nice Studebakers there, that's for sure. It was very nice to talk to you, I had only seen pictures of you truck before, good to see it in person.

jbwhttail
09-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Jim it was nice to meet you and visit with you. Nice score for a first time judged.

jims53
09-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Jim it was nice to meet you and visit with you. Nice score for a first time judged.

Likewise it was nice talking with you and your wife on Friday. Did you have a wet drive back to Indy on Saturday??? I wanted to let you know I was able to remove lock from my old wiper arm and put it into to NOS one I bought at the swap meet. They were put to good use on Saturday...
I assume you got a first place with that nice 56 Hawk!!!

jclary
09-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Only a drip???:ohmy: Shoulda been given an extra special award!!!;):rolleyes:

John K
09-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Jim, you got my peoples choice vote. Loved your car. I couldn't stay for the awards banquet either so I have no idea who won peoples choice. But you must have been runner up!

2R5
09-11-2018, 08:03 PM
The ‘30 Dictator got people’s choice

jims53
09-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Jim, you got my peoples choice vote. Loved your car. I couldn't stay for the awards banquet either so I have no idea who won peoples choice. But you must have been runner up!

Thank you for the vote, I didn't vote for myself, maybe I should have... I voted for the 30 dictator...

jims53
09-12-2018, 06:12 AM
If after reading this story you would like to see a picture of my 53 just go to the inside front cover of September 2015 Turning Wheels. The car does have a birthday coming up, it was assembled 24 September 1953, it will be 65 years old. Everything still works even the clock and the radio, the doors shut like a refrigerator just let them go closed...

jbwhttail
09-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Yes a wet drive the whole trip, just finished cleaning the car yesterday. Glad you were able to remove the lock clip and move it to the NOS arm.