Red Line Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Line Tires

I have a white '64 Daytona that will be ready for the road next spring. I was wondering how it would look with Red lines tires. Has anyone used them. I no they were no standard in '64

Thanks

T-cab

Since you asked - IMO, terrible.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Different strokes for different folks. It's only tires, not like you are contemplating welding on a set of Hawk fins.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAB View Post
        I have a white '64 Daytona that will be ready for the road next spring. I was wondering how it would look with Red lines tires. Has anyone used them. I no they were no standard in '64

Thanks

T-cab
        Do an internet search for photos of cars equipped with red-line tires. If you like the appearance of red-line tires, then get some! I only recall seeing late 1960s muscle cars with red-line tires, which were mounted on Magnum 500 or similar type of sporty looking wheel. So if you go with red-line tires on the Daytona, you may want some fancy wheels to go with them.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

They were standard on GTOs in 1964...

1964 Pontiac GTO

Standard Equipment includes: 389 engine w/1 - 4bbl and 325 horsepower, 3 speed stick with Hurst Shifter, Heavy-duty clutch, heavy-duty springs, shocks, stabilizer bar, special 7.5 x 14 red-line tires (rayon cord whitewalls optional at no extra cost), 14 x 6JK wide-rim wheels, high capacity radiator, declutching fan, high capacity battery, chromed air-cleaner, rocker covers, oil filler cap, bucket seats, standard axle ratio 3.23:1 (3.08, 3.36*, 3.55* to 1 available at no extra cost).

I think they'd look great on a white Daytona with some Torque Thrusts. (and they'd be period correct)
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

The Redlines look Ok with the matching "racer look" Cragar Mags, with anything else or stock Wheel Covers or Hub Caps, not so good.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 09-10-2018, 10:20 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Your car, your money, your choice, as one of our esteemed Forum colleagues says.
              Personally, I like red-lines and think they would look great on a white 'Daytona.
              Mike Davis
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I have them on my '63 R 2 "Tomato". Car is red and I like them even with the stock wheels and full disc hubcaps; however, I would suggest getting the newer radials instead of the bias ply like I have. The radials ride and drive better.

Ted

Comment

I think the red strip tires would look fine on your white 64 Daytona.

Comment

If you like the look of red stripe tires, then use them. Bud

Comment

They look good with a white car. Click image for larger version

Name:	CS6P8865.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1723695
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

They also look good with silver or gray.

Craig

Comment

Here is an example of car with standard wheels, hubcaps and red stripe tires. However it is not even close to a Daytona.

Perry
                          \'50 Business Champion
                          \'50 Starlight Champion
                          \'60 Lark Convertible,
                          \'63 GT R1,
                          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

For $4.29 you can find out in about an hour....
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Your choice and as stated, it's only tires which can be quickly changed to anything else.
                              To be really different another 1965 period correct option could be Goodyear Speedway Blue Streak or BF Goodrich BlueLine.
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X