Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Gas pedal linkage problems

Howdy guys!

So i got a 61 Lark OHV 6 recently running well and switched out the Rochester carb the PO had on it for the correct Carter AS. It runs beautifully, super responsive, seems powerful (i csnt drive it yet, in the make it move stage). My issue is that i cant get the linkage to come all the way down to idle. I can push the lever down and it'll go down, but once given gas it wont return to idle, maybe sit at 700-750 rather 550.

Can some one post a pic of what their linkage looks like so i can make sure i have it setup properly?

Thanks,
    Ryan

You'll find the illustrations here:http://www.studebaker-info.org/Tech/...chp61x118.html
    Don't forget that the parts catalog and the shop manual are your best friends there.
    Nice day to all.
    sigpic

Comment

It sounds like missing, weak/wrong throttle return springs.

Or a linkage hangup somewhere between the Gas Pedal, Pedal Rod, Pedal Rod Boot and the Carb.

Glad to hear you got a "Good" Model AS Carb.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        It sounds like missing, weak/wrong throttle return springs.

Or a linkage hangup somewhere between the Gas Pedal, Pedal Rod, Pedal Rod Boot and the Carb.

Glad to hear you got a "Good" Model AS Carb.
        Thats what im thinking too, which is why a pic is nice. But the illustration in the previous post i think answered my question.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X