Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all Studee fans.

Hope I'm in the right forum area

Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. My name is Steve and I'm from the south east of the UK. (We all have our cross to bear huh?) I have recently bought a 63 Lark Daytona 2 door which I am absolutely in love with. She's not perfect but she's very presentable with the oily bits in seemingly good working order but requiring a little tinkering to get spot on. She has a 4 barrel Holley, Offenhauser valve covers and a chrome air filter to top them off. I will post some pictures when I have a little more time but I'm off to work in a few minutes

Obviously there are a few things that need sorting so I'll be picking your brains quite soon. With a little help and advice from you guys I'm sure I'll end up with a cracking car.

All the best,
    Steve.

*Edit* Just seen the new member sticky thread. My apologies, late night / early mornings don't bode well........
    The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

I think it's nice that you posted here.
    & as for living in certain places, I live in Sweden mostly & Holland a wee bit. (Where I also bought my Studebaker & still have our tugboat.)
    There was a white Lark at the Swedish meet this summer, maby you'll get in contact with him if there's a English Studebaker club...?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1723590
    It's the owner who's filling oil, me holding the funnel & my Josephine to the left.
    Good to have you here!

Comment

Welcome, and I'm curious about your Daytona. Has it always been in England?
      I picture England as a very humid country, and was wondering how cars hold up there?

Comment

Originally posted by LarkingAround View Post
        Hope I'm in the right forum area

Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. My name is Steve and I'm from the south east of the UK. (We all have our cross to bear huh?) I have recently bought a 63 Lark Daytona 2 door which I am absolutely in love with. She's not perfect but she's very presentable with the oily bits in seemingly good working order but requiring a little tinkering to get spot on. She has a 4 barrel Holley, Offenhauser valve covers and a chrome air filter to top them off. I will post some pictures when I have a little more time but I'm off to work in a few minutes

Obviously there are a few things that need sorting so I'll be picking your brains quite soon. With a little help and advice from you guys I'm sure I'll end up with a cracking car.

All the best,
        Steve.

*Edit* Just seen the new member sticky thread. My apologies, late night / early mornings don't bode well........
        Hi Steve,
        Great to have you on the Forum. If you are not already aware of the UK club, there is an active Studebaker chapter northwest of London. One of the most active members is in Warwick. There are at least 20 members of the SDC with some really nice Studebakers. I'll send you at PM (private message) with the contact info for the one I know well.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

From the picture it looks like Greg Diffen putting the oil in the car, I have send him many cars in the past couple of years but don't remember a 62 Daytona but I know he had one. If he is not the person in the picture you should get to know him, he lives in Warwick.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Thanks all for your kind welcome.
            My car was imported about 18 months ago from Japan by a trader who visits there about 4 times a year for a holiday. This time he came home with a Studee!! He barely used it and it sat in his garage for most of his ownership and he advertised it on ebay. I instantly fell in love and drove from Suffolk to Brighton to buy it.

Name:	IMG_1098.jpg
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	1723592

Name:	IMG_1099.jpg
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1723593
            The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

Comment

Stunning.. And in Green Mist..

So this car was in Japan? Any indication how it got to Japan, or how long it was there?

More pics please. Interior? Engine?

Comment

Wow! Very nice indeed. You should have some great fun in that beauty. Congratulations.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Thank you. I'm madly in love already and I'll post some more pictures this weekend. I think I have one of the engine somewhere.......*sorts through phone......BRB.

Found it...

Name:	2018-08-18 11.04.58.jpg
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1723594

Will have a look through my paperwork for more info about where it was and when it was there etc. I've been too busy staring at it and driving it so far.
                  Last edited by LarkingAround; 09-04-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I love your enthusiasm! I'm going to pick up my "new" 58 Champion next week, so I'm also feeling that excitement. Yours is just stunning...I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!
                    Mike Davis
                    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Nice looking Daytona! I have to ask what is that Huge, round, dark colored thing on the right inner fender?

The water outlet (Thermostat Housing) on this car is close to the correct angle, but a different shape from some "Other Make".

The only thing that concerns me, is that I know of no other make that had the recess for the Thermostat in the Outlet, NOT the Water Manifold. Possibly some non-American Make might.
                      So if you have any overheating or leakage issues, it will be time to get a correct Outlet.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Mike. The honeymoon period is great isn't it

StudeRich. I did wonder if the big dark thing was an after thought. Its the windscreen washer bottle. As for the thermostat etc, this is where you guys have the knowledge that I need to tap into as I would never have known any different. When driving, the temp gauge sits at around 3/4 but is rock steady. I sat in a long queue for a show last Sunday and it went up another "bar" on the gauge but no higher. Do you have a photo of how it should be?
                        Thanks,
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by LarkingAround View Post
                          I did wonder if the big dark thing was an after thought. Its the windscreen washer bottle.
                          It's location is an 'afterthought', not the bottle & bracket itself, which appears to be a genuine Studebaker part. It should be located next to the battery.

Craig

Comment

The 4 bolt valve covers and oil fill pipe make the engine look like an earlier version. Does the engine have a spin on oil filter?
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                              The 4 bolt valve covers and oil fill pipe make the engine look like an earlier version. Does the engine have a spin on oil filter?
                              I agree. It appears to be pre 1962.
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                              X