East Central Mn SDC IDYSD 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Central Mn SDC IDYSD 2018

The east central mn sdc would like to invite all MN SDC members & Western WI SDC members to join us on our 2018 IDYSD on Sept 8th. We will be starting at Our Place Cafe St Croix Falls Wi. from 8am to 10am leaving at 10am . We will be driving up Wi 35 to Superior WI, Making stops at Siren Wi, and Danbury Wi ending up in Superior Wi at Barker Island at around 12:30 to 1: pm. At which point we will be meeting up with the North Land Wheels Chapter at Barker Island. Returning back south somewhere between 5:30 to 6:00 Pm. All those interested please contact Steve Welsh at 763 260 0251 Total miles one way is 106.

Boy that's East Minnesota all right.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The weather forecast has me thinking I should drive the Hawk, rather than the convertible. This trip will make my odometer turn-over, it will likely read approximately 200 miles when I return home. Perhaps the odometer turning-over will magically bring an end to its' oil consumption.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Scott The reason we picked Wi 35 is the Mn side is I-35 and if you've seen one freeway you've seen them all. This way it will be a nice slower drive and no one flying by at 90 MPH. Plus some nice scenery.

Comment

I agree with Steve. That why I went to the Wisconsin side last week when I drove my Stude to help on the 57 Hawk shifter.

Comment

So far the weather looks good for Saturday, at least as far as the Twin Cities. It says only 20% chance of rain late Saturday.

Comment

Yes looks like the weather should be good. Appears most are not going to make the drive. From what I hear the most is to many miles. Kind of makes you wonder how almost every Studebaker you see has close to or over 100,000 miles. I would think even at this point in their life they should be good for 200 miles in one day. If not you need to find a good reliable repair shop.

Comment

I also Goggled Superior weather, and that also looks to be perfect for the drive.
                I'm all for the drive. I just put 350 miles on my 50 Land Cruiser this past 5 days. It took 16 gallons, so I was just a hair under 22 MPG. That's not bad for lots of city driving and lots of hills when I wasn't in the city.
                How many are coming?

Comment

Tom everyone has backed out but two cars that I know of. If and when I get my hawk done I can't trust it to run a 100 mile trip one way I hate to say it but it will be gone and replaced with a make that will. I have decided that I will have to do baby steps with our new club and start out at a outing of 5 miles and just keep tripling it until I have them a 100 miles from home.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                    Tom everyone has backed out but two cars that I know of. If and when I get my hawk done I can't trust it to run a 100 mile trip one way I hate to say it but it will be gone and replaced with a make that will. I have decided that I will have to do baby steps with our new club and start out at a outing of 5 miles and just keep tripling it until I have them a 100 miles from home.
                    It's very disappointing that so many have backed out, as I am sure it will be a nice route to drive. I have never been afraid to drive my Studebaker with original powertrain anywhere or any distance (well, about 400 miles is as far as I care to drive it as the seat isn't very comfortable as the backrest isn't adjustable). Perhaps you may want to contact Kerry Jackson of the North Star Chapter to invite that chapter to attend.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Well, if nobody's car can drive 100 miles, or people think that's too far, then you'll have to change it to a 50 mile trip to French Lake Auto Parts, so everyone can buy the parts they need to make their car dependable for the longer trip. I love to roam junk yards.

Comment

Working...
                      X