PDA

View Full Version : meet in 2020, where will it be???

unclemiltie
09-02-2018, 02:20 PM
For those that went to the Tacoma meet, did they say where the meet will be in 2020, I know 2019 is in Ohio Thanks

6hk71400
09-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Chattanooga Tennessee presented by Lanny McNabb. Looks like another great meet ahead.

Bob Miles
Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

unclemiltie
09-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the info

mbstude
09-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Chattanooga Tennessee presented by Lanny McNabb. Looks like another great meet ahead.

Bob Miles

Hey Bob, I knew that the idea was being kicked around but I didn’t think the discussion had gone very far. Is this official?

StudeDave57
09-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Hey Bob, I knew that the idea was being kicked around but I didn’t think the discussion had gone very far. Is this official?

It sounded that way when announced at the banquet.

StudeNewby
09-02-2018, 07:07 PM
That is great news! I'm very excited to hear it is coming to the Southeast.

studegary
09-02-2018, 08:56 PM
I believe that the last SDC Convention in Tennessee was in 1992.

EDIT: This was not the most recent SDC Convention in the Southeast.

rockne10
09-02-2018, 10:02 PM
With over half a hundred International Meets under the belt, I wonder if anyone in the club has the digital facility to produce a sort of interactive map that would pin and date each one.:woot: Other than just simple curiosity, it would clearly indicate any geographic trend.

studegary
09-02-2018, 10:25 PM
With over half a hundred International Meets under the belt, I wonder if anyone in the club has the digital facility to produce a sort of interactive map that would pin and date each one.:woot: Other than just simple curiosity, it would clearly indicate any geographic trend.

Don't look to me to make that interesting plot. However, I will make a couple of comments. The population of SDC members has never been spread equally across the country and it often boils down to getting an SDC Chapter to hold the SDC Convention (now more than ever).

6hk71400
09-03-2018, 03:10 AM
Don't look to me to make that interesting plot. However, I will make a couple of comments. The population of SDC members has never been spread equally across the country and it often boils down to getting an SDC Chapter to hold the SDC Convention (now more than ever).

This is true; in the future it will take combined efforts of chapter(s) to put on the meet with support from Zone Directors and Zone Coordinators. A big thanks to Bob Bryant, meet chairperson for Seattle/Tacoma chapters and Denny Foust, International Zone Meet Chairman. I should also mention thanks to the army of volunteers that worked with judging, swap meet, registration, hospitality, tours and tea, and probably others that I missed.

Bob Miles
Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator 2018-2020

StudeDave57
09-03-2018, 03:35 AM
A big thanks to Bob Bryant, meet chairperson for Seattle/Tacoma chapters and Denny Fouts, International Zone Meet Chairman. I should also mention thanks to the army of volunteers that worked with judging, swap meet, registration, hospitality, tours and tea, and probably others that I missed.

It should be noted that Bob (Tacoma Chapter) was Co-Chair with Laurel Berry from the Greater Seattle Chapter.

And yes- that army of volunteers did some AWESOME work and managed to pull off one heck of a show considering what they were up against. :!:

BobPalma
09-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Bob Miles

:) To answer your further question, Milt; the tentative dates are August 5-8, 2020. It does sound like a fun meet.

From what Lanny described to the Tacoma attendees, it sounds like virtually every facility where the meet will be held, will be in a property that's either being built now or will be built by then; truly "all new.":!: :cool: BP

Milaca
09-03-2018, 11:57 AM
I hope they are planning a driving tour for Studebakers, as it is a very scenic state. Dolly Parton, if you are reading this, you can ride along with me.

Avantidon
09-03-2018, 11:58 AM
The Chattanooga Meet is on and the dates are 5-8 August 2020. The meet will be held at what is known as Camp Jordan, an all inclusive facility owned by the city of Chattanooga. The Meet Hotel will be a new Hampton Inn opening in the next 60 days or so located at the entrance to Camp Jordin. By the time we arrive there will be a second smaller 60 room up scale mote on the same site as the 265 room Hampton Inn. More details will be released later on this meet. First we need to get through the Mansfield Meet in 2019.

BobPalma
09-03-2018, 12:19 PM
I hope they are planning a driving tour for Studebakers, as it is a very scenic state. Dolly Parton, if you are reading this, you can ride along with me.

:( 'Sorry, Brent; her agent already contracted her to ride with my wife and me. :D

Now I have to figure out how to tell my wife about it. :woot:

:cool: BP

Avantidon
09-04-2018, 06:13 AM
However, bob you and Brent need to figue out where she lives (I know) how to get there andwhere to go. Actually she lives in the vinicity of Brentwood TN approximately 120 miles from Chatanooga and then hangs out in Sevierville which is about he same distance in another direction when not at home. All I can say is she is one fantastic little lady who has done much good in this great big country of ours.

JRoberts
09-04-2018, 07:24 AM
This sounds great. This is a beautiful part of the country. The dates will be more family friendly for which I am very thankful. I too hope there will be a Studebaker tour sort of thing through the area. The Power Tour route went through this area this year and it was very enjoyable.