PDA

View Full Version : 1961 Hawk Add Real or Scam?

bjackameit
08-29-2018, 08:19 PM
This looks really nice --

http://hotclassicdeals.com/details.php?id=1828

Ad gives mileage in kilometers even though car is in Pennsylvania.

I am not familiar with the site it is on -- anyone know this car or have familiarity with the site?

studegary
08-29-2018, 09:05 PM
It is a nice appearing Hawk.
I am not familiar with the site. I could not even find an address or telephone number for the company on the site, just a form to e-mail them. I would pass on trying to deal with them.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not familiar with the site. I could not even find an address or telephone number for the company on the site, just a form to e-mail them. I would pass on trying to deal with them.

Hawklover
08-29-2018, 09:28 PM
Why plant overt negativity concerning this listing??.....why not fill out the listed form and wait to hear back from this entity? Could be many reasons no p/n is listed......give the "seller" some rope and see if he/she indeed hangs himself/herself.

- - - Updated - - -

bjackameit
08-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Why plant overt negativity concerning this listing??.....why not fill out the listed form and wait to hear back from this entity? Could be many reasons no p/n is listed......give the "seller" some rope and see if he/she indeed hangs himself/herself.

I have done that-- no reply yet -- ad says seller is a dealer not a private party.

allen04084
08-30-2018, 06:31 AM
That wold be my Holy Grail of Sudebakers. If only the "1" were removed from the price.

Mrkelly
08-30-2018, 06:40 AM
It’s a SCAM guys. I inquired about a Red Champ they had listed on this site several months back. The story was the vehicle was in storage and the owner was working out of the country. They wanted me to wire the money to an escrow company who would hold it until the vehicle was delivered and I could inspect and approve payment on it. A google search of the escrow and transportation companies revealed they were non existent.
Remember” If it sounds to go to be true it probably is.”

bjackameit
08-30-2018, 10:48 AM
It’s a SCAM guys. I inquired about a Red Champ they had listed on this site several months back. The story was the vehicle was in storage and the owner was working out of the country. They wanted me to wire the money to an escrow company who would hold it until the vehicle was delivered and I could inspect and approve payment on it. A google search of the escrow and transportation companies revealed they were non existent.
Remember” If it sounds to go to be true it probably is.”

Thanks for the info. That is what I thought -- too bad -- I'd love to have that car -- I won't waste any more time on it --

rbisacca
08-30-2018, 11:07 AM
Here's a clue to possible fakeness. Notice beautiful palm trees in photo. I've been in PA many times and have never seen a palm tree there.

Xcalibur
08-30-2018, 02:39 PM
"Why plant overt negativity concerning this listing??"

Simple, there are now FAR toooooo many scams to give anyone who sounds the least bit "shady" the benefit of the doubt, imho. Sorry, and I certainly wish it were different as much as anyone... but, it's not.

creegster
08-30-2018, 06:27 PM
do a google search on "hotclassicdeals.com", a lot of results talking about how its a scam.

Guido
08-30-2018, 06:36 PM

Buyer beware is the rule of the day. If you think otherwise pay for the car and let us know how it turns out...

BobPalma
09-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Buyer beware is the rule of the day. If you think otherwise pay for the car and let us know how it turns out...

:lol: Good one, Gary...;) :cool: BP