PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguisher

Bellingham Studenut
08-27-2018, 03:05 AM
If you are driving to Tacoma for the International Meet, don't forget a Fire Extinguisher.
There are enough fires this year and your vehicle needs an extinguisher for safety!

alaipairod
08-27-2018, 10:24 AM
I took my '57 GH to a show a couple of weeks ago. The judge came by, and after looking at the car told me......"This is the first time I ever saw a fir extinguisher used as a wheel chock"...........I smiled and looked away..............

mch
08-27-2018, 07:38 PM
I always keep an extinguisher in each of my 3 cars. Though if a fire began under the hood, I would have to consider opening the hood and allowing a rush of oxygen to fuel the fire. This being an especially big problem with the weight of the hoods on the GT Hawks and also needing to secure the hood in an open position, especially if I was alone in the car. Opening the hood on the Avanti R2 might not be equally a problem.
Mark

Xcalibur
08-28-2018, 03:26 PM
And, remember if you have or buy any Budde extinquishers, go to their site to check for recalls. The one I bought for my new car late last year was on the list, as well as a bunch around the shop, sheds, and house!!!