PDA

View Full Version : Correct reported Build Specs for Interior

wckrueger
08-22-2018, 12:36 PM
My '63 R1 Avanti, R4314, is reported (see pg. F-198 of Avanti Authenticity Manual) as being the first car built with black (vs salt and pepper/turquiose and black) carpeting on floor and door panels. I have Production Order & Window Sticker (file attached; sticker indicates Avanti Turquoise exterior paint (P6332), carpets/lower door panels/floor as turquoise and black, optional Regal trim (923, pleated doors/seat inserts) with turquoise (TQV) upholstery) . I've also established contact with Alan Basile, Authenticity Manual co-author, to correct. What else - if anything - to do? Many thanks for thoughts & response!

StudeRich
08-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Is the "Three Speed" Floor shift an Error (Typo) as they sometimes are?
Is it really a FOUR Speed?

We know there were a few Avantis with the Standard Manual 3 Speed non-overdrive T-86 Trans. even some with Manual steering, mostly the '64's that were given away with the Allstate Tire Promotion Campaign, but luckily very few. :rolleyes:

Nothing "to do" just drive it and enjoy it as it is, certainly not as Colorful and good looking as the Special Salt and Pepper Carpet, but Original.
It is a Turquoise Green Vinyl and Fawn Interior Car.

Mine is 4275 and still had Salt and Pepper Carpets (Maroon), so yours is not a lot later, but definitely a Late '63.

wckrueger
08-22-2018, 05:24 PM
...don't see my reply - yes, correctly built with 3-speed manual.

StudeRich
08-22-2018, 06:43 PM
No Reply here.
Post #1 said nothing about ANYTHING being wrong, just something about having some guy named Alan correct something, WHAT?

You may have left out a few Paragraphs! :D