• Show
Clear All

• love this truck cab!

Click image for larger version

Name:	studCOE_JohnTNorton.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1758419

I was searching for pics of a C-cab and this came up. LOVE this thing! Ah well, I couldn't afford this if I did find it anyway, but I can drool, can't I?

Looks like it might have been owned by a John Norton at one time.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Owner is Tim Allen, Tool Time fame. Restored by Ralph Snider, Mont Joy, Pa.

Comment

Sooooo Tim the Tool Man is a member? and Why Not? He should see my shop, it'd make a whole new comedy......LOL

Comment

Yep, we've mentioned it a couple of times. It is a nice truck I hope to see up close in person sometime.

Craig

Comment

Having seen Chuck Naugle's COE flat deck in person, I was in awe as to how big that deck really was. Can John chime in as to it's disposition after the auction?
          Bill

Comment

You should have seen the condition of the truck as Ralph found it, not much to work with. Chassis, sleeper cab windows and not much more. Remember the cab is wood framed, probably the last car or truck made that way. Ralph sold me my 39 coe, the Coca Cola truck. Ralph has become a very good friend and always any questions during the restoration.
            Jerry Kurtz
            Last edited by jerezstude; 08-22-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

You should have seen the condition of the truck as Ralph found it, not much to work with. Chassis, sleeper cab windows and not much more. Remember the cab is wood framed, probably the last car or truck made that way. Ralph sold me mine 39 COE, the Coca Cola truck. Ralph has become a very good friend and always answered any question during the restoration. If you look at the post 8E45E and click onto the address and you will what Ralph started with.
              Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Ah, so I was already in love with it before re-discovering it and falling in love again! One of the advantages of suffering from C.R.S. is being able to do things like this!
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Some years ago (six or more, maybe much more) there was a post about a custom COE that had been stretched in to a crew cab, with a fairly luxurious interior and a Cummins drive train and car hauler bed. One sweet custom!
                  It may have been in Facebook but I'm pretty certain it was in this Forum.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                    Having seen Chuck Naugle's COE flat deck in person, I was in awe as to how big that deck really was. Can John chime in as to it's disposition after the auction?
                    Bill
                    Some one in Tucson bought it.

Comment

It has really elegant lines!
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                        It has really elegant lines!
                        I thought the truck I posted photos of here did! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ant-Studebaker

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X