This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks from the new guy...

It was a pleasure to serve on the tech forum with Bob Palma and the crew during the National Meet in Omaha. I am also now... one of your newest members so I feel official. Again, just wanted to say thanks for a great time and it was fun to meet many of you in person. Randy

Wish I could have been in the room but I had to work the meet outside.Heard a lot about you and use your products. Welcome Randy.

Frank J.van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Wish I could have been in the room but I had to work the meet outside.Heard a lot about you and use your products. Welcome Randy.

Frank J.van Doorn
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Conv
      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

So many good things going on at the International Meet in Omaha that I missed some important stuff, like the Tech Session. Oh well, you can only be in one place at a time.
        Joe Roberts
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

So many good things going on at the International Meet in Omaha that I missed some important stuff, like the Tech Session. Oh well, you can only be in one place at a time.
          Joe Roberts
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Randy,
            Welcome to the Studebaker Driver's Club.

For those who don't know it, Randy Rundle started Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts in 1987 to market his new invention, a six-volt alternator. He has since added other electrical products to aid in restoration and modernization of classic cars. One of his booklets that is widely used by Studebaker owners going from 6 to 12 volt systems. Visit his web site to learn more.

Here's one product description:

The Official 12-volt Conversion Guide$10.00 each

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
            53 Starliner Hardtop
            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Randy,
              Welcome to the Studebaker Driver's Club.

For those who don't know it, Randy Rundle started Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts in 1987 to market his new invention, a six-volt alternator. He has since added other electrical products to aid in restoration and modernization of classic cars. One of his booklets that is widely used by Studebaker owners going from 6 to 12 volt systems. Visit his web site to learn more.

Here's one product description:

The Official 12-volt Conversion Guide$10.00 each

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
              53 Starliner Hardtop
              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and the Forum Randy I did attend the Tech Seminar It was a very informitive session. You sharing your knowledge of automotive electrical and charging systems was very generous and extremely helpful. Especially for those of us with cars/trucks that are still 6 volt. I only wish my brain could have retained everything I heard.
                Thank you for your time at the Omaha meet, and we look forward to your future input into the forum []

Studebaker Fever
                60 Lark
                51 Champion
                Phil
                Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                60 Lark
                56 Power Hawk
                Phil Hendrickson
                Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and the Forum Randy I did attend the Tech Seminar It was a very informitive session. You sharing your knowledge of automotive electrical and charging systems was very generous and extremely helpful. Especially for those of us with cars/trucks that are still 6 volt. I only wish my brain could have retained everything I heard.
                  Thank you for your time at the Omaha meet, and we look forward to your future input into the forum []

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  51 Champion
                  Phil
                  Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  56 Power Hawk
                  Phil Hendrickson
                  Arnold, Missouri

Comment

One question if you would put 12 volt system on your Stude that had 6 Volt what class would you be put in? Modified. Back in 1983 I put a 57 generator on a Champion 6. Which I was driving at the time because on cold morning at the airport the 6v would crank to slow. I put it in the spring meet of our local chapter. And they put me in the modified class.

Comment

One question if you would put 12 volt system on your Stude that had 6 Volt what class would you be put in? Modified. Back in 1983 I put a 57 generator on a Champion 6. Which I was driving at the time because on cold morning at the airport the 6v would crank to slow. I put it in the spring meet of our local chapter. And they put me in the modified class.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by ST2DE5

You could enter your car in modified or stock with a modification like that but would lose a fair amount of points in stock class for the 12 volt conversion for not being authentic, not the case in modified class, its your choice.

Frank J.van Doorn
                        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                        1963 Daytona Conv
                        1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by ST2DE5

You could enter your car in modified or stock with a modification like that but would lose a fair amount of points in stock class for the 12 volt conversion for not being authentic, not the case in modified class, its your choice.

Frank J.van Doorn
                          1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                          1963 Daytona Conv
                          1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Not only can I attest to the performance of Randy's 6 volt alternator, but as important, he can do a great job of helping you along with your project, if need be. I've installed several of his products on my car and while the instructions that came with them were clear, I got willing answers to questions I had. Welcome, Randy!!

51 Commander State Sedan
                            Worthington PA

51 Commander State Sedan
                            Butler PA

Comment

Not only can I attest to the performance of Randy's 6 volt alternator, but as important, he can do a great job of helping you along with your project, if need be. I've installed several of his products on my car and while the instructions that came with them were clear, I got willing answers to questions I had. Welcome, Randy!!

51 Commander State Sedan
                              Worthington PA

51 Commander State Sedan
                              Butler PA

Comment

Working...
                              X