Keeper of the temp-lets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper of the temp-lets?

I am aware of the fact that someone on this board is the person to contact concerning getting copies of Studebaker temp-lets and other copies of Studebaker "kits" that dealers installed at their shops.
    Thanks in advance for the contact information.

See here: http://studebakerdriversclub.com/officers.asp#other

Bottom of the page - it's Andy Beckman at the SNM that you want to contact.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

temp-lets had me going, but templates I grok. Now, if someone would elucidate on how templates relate to dealer installed kits? OK, first guess; one template could be the guide as to where to drill the hole for a radio antenna? Back when, radios were exotic and expensive accessories and not every dealer had installed one.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

For True Jack, and not every Dealer's Service Dept. Tech. payed ANY attention to the Accessory Directions and Templates either.

Especially the Idiots that would drill a hole in the Right Fender for an Antenna or sometimes got close using the Left one, but not into the Cowl!

I have even seen several East Coast Cars with the Antenna drilled only into the Cowl up close to the windshield, that made for the EASIEST Cable routing, straight to the Radio but would cause a direct heavy water path/leak as well as being in the Driver's field of view.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
          temp-lets had me going, but templates I grok.
          jack vines
          Heinlein reference is noted and appreciated!
          Now, if someone would elucidate on how templates relate to dealer installed kits? OK, first guess; one template could be the guide as to where to drill the hole for a radio antenna? Back when, radios were exotic and expensive accessories and not every dealer had installed one.
          ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            I have even seen several East Coast Cars with the Antenna drilled only into the Cowl up close to the windshield, that made for the EASIEST Cable routing, straight to the Radio but would cause a direct heavy water path/leak as well as being in the Driver's field of view.
            When I bought my '53 as a daily driver over four decades ago it had been so desecrated. The error was corrected some thirty years later.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

What's worse is I probably Desecrated mine, as I copied another truck with the radio ant in the right fender.

Comment

Jack, many thanks for the proper word, LOL... The "template" or instructions in this case concern Studebaker a/c kit # AC-3469 for Avanti models.
                temp-lets had me going, but templates I grok. Now, if someone would elucidate on how templates relate to dealer installed kits? OK, first guess; one template could be the guide as to where to drill the hole for a radio antenna? Back when, radios were exotic and expensive accessories and not every dealer had installed one.

jack vines

Comment

http://studebakerdriversclub.com/Stu...rtemplates.asp

Comment

Thank you!
                    Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X