Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone near Monterey California that could check this out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone near Monterey California that could check this out?

I know everyone is getting ready for the International but if someone could check this out I would be very thankful.

I asked for picture but the seller said should do it be text/picture to a phone. Well what I got was a picture of a trunk lid and regal steering wheel. Not much to go on.

So if anyone could help out and check it out, let me know.

I was 7 years old when I went with my dad and we drove a Tahiti Coral Deluxe Lark 4 door that was sitting on the showroom floor at Stewart Motors in Phoenix.

Bob Miles

There it is!
    3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Originally posted by gjamesk View Post
      There it is!
      You beat me to it. I went straight to street view on google map and found it. Its over on the Watson Street side.
      sals54

Comment

Without a picture it is not possible to tell if it is a Deluxe bare bones or a very nice Regal, or the Color, but a V8 Standard Trans. is a good start.

It could be an Overdrive and being a Lark VIII there is a better chance someone popped for the Regal Trim as well.

UPDATE: I just figured out that the Blue "There" in Post #2 is actually a Link, Who knew!
        And now we know that it IS a Regal, and it IS a Tahiti Coral one at that!

It's just not a Deluxe like Bob rode in, but that's a GOOD thing.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 08-15-2018, 09:54 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the link Gary. Is anyone else interested in saving a lonely Lark? I have to think about transporting and so for me, $1,000 may be a bit high. I did use 000 steel wool on another car with the same "patina" and the color came back.

Bob Miles

Comment

Such a mild climate and this photo is from 2017. Car appears to be worth $1000 in parts at least.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1721804

Comment

Bob I used a green scuff pad with LA Awesome cleaner to remove surface rust and bring back color on a 50 Champion. Totally amazed me.

Comment

Working...
              X