1950 & '51 2dr pics & id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 & '51 2dr pics & id

I found 2 studes on line. One is looks like a 2dr coupe, maybe a business coupe, and has a rear seat & starlite back glass. (wrap around). (did they make bus. coupes with a rear seat?) The other one is a 1950 2dr, but has extra window in rear passenger area with no rear seat visible and starlite back glass. I know one is a champion. Are they desirable cars? Both look rough enough to be parts cars. I don't know the condition of the floor pans on either one.

Originally posted by Pckstude View Post
    I found 2 studes on line. One is looks like a 2dr coupe, maybe a business coupe, and has a rear seat & starlite back glass. (wrap around). (did they make bus. coupes with a rear seat?) The other one is a 1950 2dr, but has extra window in rear passenger area with no rear seat visible and starlite back glass. I know one is a champion. Are they desirable cars? Both look rough enough to be parts cars. I don't know the condition of the floor pans on either one.
    The 3 passenger coupe (business coupe) did not have a wrap around rear window, like a STARLIGHT coupe (5 passenger coupe), which is what you appear to be describing.
    You say that the second one has an "extra window in rear passenger area". This would be a two door sedan. Does your "no" also apply to what you call starlite (sic) [Starlight] back glass?
    If they are "rough enough to be parts cars", that should be how they are priced.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Here is my 1950 Champion 2 door sedan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Champion at Anoka State Hospital.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	1721759

Comment

Name:	51 Starlight3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1721760 < Here is a '51 Starlight Coupe

Name:	51 Champ Business Coupe1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1721761 < And a '51 Business Coupe.
        These are the ONLY model that came with NO back Seat.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Pckstude View Post
          If you give us the link to the on line pictures, we can tell you what they are and if they are valuable.

If you are afraid that someone here will swoop in and steal your good deal, well... we probably won't.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
          X