Verify My Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Verify My Wiring Diagram

I have my electric fuel pump completely installed in my ‘63 Hawk with both plumbing the fuel line and wiring it per the attached diagram. Because I’m nervous about potentially screwing something up, I just wanted to verify with those of you who I consider experts, is this correct and will it work?Click image for larger version

Name:	90CF6E0F-0457-4821-B4A2-8170CCB5460B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1758344

Sorry, too small and sideways, can't help.

UPDATE: I saved it, rotated it, and enlarged it, but now I can't read it. It must be Low Definition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elect. Fuel pump.jpg
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1721678 Did you power it up from the ACC. Terminal of the Ignition Switch?

That is the only way it will be positively DEAD when Ignition is OFF, and in ACC Mode you will be able to run it before firing the Engine without burning the Points or Ignition Module.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-08-2018, 01:25 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Coloradohawk;

I have the same problem that Rich has. Sideways and when turned and increased in size; I am unable to be sure of what I am seeing. It looks like you are using both the I and S terminals on the starter solenoid to go to the oil pressure switch.. That will not work as the I and S terminals are only powered when the key is turned to the start position. The fuel pump will only pump fuel when you are trying too start the car. The I terminal is usually unused or used to by pass the ignition coil doping resistor when the starter is energized.. That is the terminal I would use.
      I am not able to tell which terminals on the oil pressure switch is normally open or which is closed. The normally open terminal need power from your 6 amp fuse.
      It also looks like you left out the inertia switch.
      You should combine this page with your original.
      Ron

Comment

fuel pump wiring

Try this one

Name:	wire1.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1721679
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Same problem. Unable to determine what terminals he is using on the starter solenoid. If he is using the I and S terminals on the starter solenoid; the pump not run once the engine is started..
          Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Strasser View Post
            Unable to determine what terminals he is using on the starter solenoid.
            Ron
            Yes, it look like that's the case
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Name:	FB5E3A92-8A08-42F2-96C9-720C10946218.jpg
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1721691Sorry for the lousy photo quality. Thought it would come out better.
              Yes, in the first post drawing I was using the I terminal on the starter solenoid. After doing some reading last night, I learned exactly what you are saying about using the I terminal, and will take that wire to the ignition switch. I have revised my drawing (hopefully more legible) to reflect this. Now, with everyone’s help, this should get everything running.
              The priming switch basically bypasses the oil pressure switch to run the pump, correct? Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X