PDA

View Full Version : 1964 Cruiser Exterior/Interior Color Combo's

allen04084
08-05-2018, 01:58 PM
I'm looking at a 64 Cruiser (remotely via pictures) to buy, and am wondering about exterior/interior color combo's of this car. Exterior is Jet Green. Interior has a green dash and green door panels, green and white steering wheel. Rug appears to be a medium brown, and seats are a lighter brown cloth with the lower portion below the seat surface a light gold vinyl. The seat pattern and material seems correct for a 1964 Cruiser - I've seen the same fabric/color on one with golden sand exterior.

Does this sound like a factory correct exterior/interior combination?

Thanks!

StudeRich
08-05-2018, 03:01 PM
This sounds like a mixture of Cruiser Parts.
They would never build a Car with Seats and Carpet not matching the Dash and Door Panels, at least not on a U.S. built '64.
The Carpet has been replaced and the Seats have been recovered or replaced.

You can order the Production Order from the Studebaker National Museum using the Serial Number and find out the Interior and Exterior Colors, but probably not in time to get it before the Car is sold.

https://www.studebakermuseum.org/store/studebaker-production-orders

Here are ORIGINAL '64 Cruisers:

74297 74298 74299

allen04084
08-05-2018, 03:54 PM
This sounds like a mixture of Cruiser Parts.
They would never build a Car with Seats and Carpet not matching the Dash and Door Panels, at least not on a U.S. built '64.
The Carpet has been replaced and the Seats have been recovered or replaced.

You can order the Production Order from the Studebaker National Museum using the Serial Number and find out the Interior and Exterior Colors, but probably not in time to get it before the Car is sold.

https://www.studebakermuseum.org/store/studebaker-production-orders

Here are ORIGINAL '64 Cruisers:

74297 74298 74299

StudeRich - Perfect - exactly what I needed to know. Thanks! Dealer said owner did a reupholster with NOS fabric. Obviously not the same color. I'll check with SMS tomorrow and see if they have the green version of this cloth. Maybe it was originally vinyl. Seems like the vinyl might be easier to duplicate. Thanks again!

allen04084
08-05-2018, 04:52 PM
StudeRich - any idea if green carpet is still available for 1964 Cruisers?? Here is a pic of the car I'm considering:

StudeRich
08-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Sure they are, this is just one Supplier that has Loop Pile Studebaker type carpets, I happen to like their quality and Prices.

https://www.automotiveinteriors.com/studebaker-carpet-kits-s/17457.htm

I clicked on see samples and found at least 2 Dark Greens that would look good.

Nice looking Cruiser, it appears to have a bit brighter, lighter re-paint than Jet Green, are the Firewall, Door Jambs and or Trunk still original Deep/Dark Jet Green?

More like this?

Dwain G.
08-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Green and Brown were the only two interior colors offered with Jet Green exterior, but not a mixture of the two of course.

stude1964
08-06-2018, 11:14 AM
With a white wheel it was probably built in Canada. '65 I think could have been all vinyl with buttons-but other than brown and green I parted one with black interior as well.
Rob in PA.

StudeRich
08-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Not really.
The Pics at the bottom of Post #3 and Post #4 are the subject Car, and it was built in South Bend, you can see the Two Toned Steering Wheel and Beige Wheels.

'64, '65 & '66 Cruiser Interiors were button pleated in whatever Color available with the exterior Color, the Factory, Dealer or Customer ordered, in either Cloth, Broadcloth or Full Vinyl.

StudeRich
08-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Not really.
The Pics at the bottom of Post #3 and Post #4 are the subject '64 Cruiser, and it was built in South Bend, you can see the Two Toned Steering Wheel and Beige Wheels.

'64, '65 & '66 Cruiser Interiors were button pleated in whatever Color available with the exterior Color, the Factory, Dealer or Customer ordered, in either Cloth, Broadcloth or Full Vinyl.