1964 Cruiser Exterior/Interior Color Combo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Cruiser Exterior/Interior Color Combo's

I'm looking at a 64 Cruiser (remotely via pictures) to buy, and am wondering about exterior/interior color combo's of this car. Exterior is Jet Green. Interior has a green dash and green door panels, green and white steering wheel. Rug appears to be a medium brown, and seats are a lighter brown cloth with the lower portion below the seat surface a light gold vinyl. The seat pattern and material seems correct for a 1964 Cruiser - I've seen the same fabric/color on one with golden sand exterior.

Does this sound like a factory correct exterior/interior combination?

Thanks!
    Last edited by allen04084; 08-05-2018, 11:04 AM.
    1966 Daytona Sport Sedan - Richelieu Blue

This sounds like a mixture of Cruiser Parts.
    They would never build a Car with Seats and Carpet not matching the Dash and Door Panels, at least not on a U.S. built '64.
    The Carpet has been replaced and the Seats have been recovered or replaced.

You can order the Production Order from the Studebaker National Museum using the Serial Number and find out the Interior and Exterior Colors, but probably not in time to get it before the Car is sold.

Dive into the history of your vehicle with a Studebaker production order. Learn more about your vehicle's original configuration so that your restoration projects proceeds in perfect order!

Here are ORIGINAL '64 Cruisers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Golden Sand CruiserA5a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1721644 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell's Jet Green Cruiser5.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1721645 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell's Jet Green Cruiser5b.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1721646
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-05-2018, 12:34 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      This sounds like a mixture of Cruiser Parts.
      They would never build a Car with Seats and Carpet not matching the Dash and Door Panels, at least not on a U.S. built '64.
      The Carpet has been replaced and the Seats have been recovered or replaced.

You can order the Production Order from the Studebaker National Museum using the Serial Number and find out the Interior and Exterior Colors, but probably not in time to get it before the Car is sold.

Dive into the history of your vehicle with a Studebaker production order. Learn more about your vehicle's original configuration so that your restoration projects proceeds in perfect order!

Here are ORIGINAL '64 Cruisers:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74297[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]74298[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]74299[/ATTACH]
      StudeRich - Perfect - exactly what I needed to know. Thanks! Dealer said owner did a reupholster with NOS fabric. Obviously not the same color. I'll check with SMS tomorrow and see if they have the green version of this cloth. Maybe it was originally vinyl. Seems like the vinyl might be easier to duplicate. Thanks again!

Name:	64stude406c_9.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1721647

Comment

StudeRich - any idea if green carpet is still available for 1964 Cruisers?? Here is a pic of the car I'm considering:

Name:	64stude406c_6.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1721651

Comment

Sure they are, this is just one Supplier that has Loop Pile Studebaker type carpets, I happen to like their quality and Prices.

Kits are sewn to conform to the vehicle's flooring area. Seams on the tunnels and other complex curves allow the carpet to contour to the floor pan. 2 piece design and full floor coverage for most. Studebaker carpet kits come with matching vinyl driver heel pad & padding. Avanti, Commander, Hawk, Champion, and more.

I clicked on see samples and found at least 2 Dark Greens that would look good.

Nice looking Cruiser, it appears to have a bit brighter, lighter re-paint than Jet Green, are the Firewall, Door Jambs and or Trunk still original Deep/Dark Jet Green?

More like this?

Name:	Dash in Jet Green HT2.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1721655
          Last edited by StudeRich; 08-05-2018, 04:22 PM.
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Green and Brown were the only two interior colors offered with Jet Green exterior, but not a mixture of the two of course.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

With a white wheel it was probably built in Canada. '65 I think could have been all vinyl with buttons-but other than brown and green I parted one with black interior as well.
              Rob in PA.

Comment

Not really.
                The Pics at the bottom of Post #3 and Post #4 are the subject Car, and it was built in South Bend, you can see the Two Toned Steering Wheel and Beige Wheels.

'64, '65 & '66 Cruiser Interiors were button pleated in whatever Color available with the exterior Color, the Factory, Dealer or Customer ordered, in either Cloth, Broadcloth or Full Vinyl.
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Not really.
                  The Pics at the bottom of Post #3 and Post #4 are the subject '64 Cruiser, and it was built in South Bend, you can see the Two Toned Steering Wheel and Beige Wheels.

'64, '65 & '66 Cruiser Interiors were button pleated in whatever Color available with the exterior Color, the Factory, Dealer or Customer ordered, in either Cloth, Broadcloth or Full Vinyl.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X