• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise night comments

"Is this some sort of James Bond movie car or something?"

Is that your Chevy?

Yep, Grand Torino

I don't know? Looks like a Lincoln or something.

I've never seen one of these. Is this some type of luxury car?
    Attached Files
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

What age were the commenters?

They were probably born well after the car was made.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      What age were the commenters?

They were probably born well after the car was made.

Craig
      30- 45 34567890-=
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

A lady asked me if my 1963 Avanti was an Aston Martin. She could have been a James Bond fan!
        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Or maybe a relative of Ian Fleming? http://www.theavanti.com/fleming.html

Bob Miles

Comment

[QUOTE=6hk71400;1121250]Or maybe a relative of Ian Fleming? http://www.theavanti.com/fleming.html/QUOTE]

My wife and I were in Ireland at a historic site. A chauffeured Mercedes limo pulled up. I knew it was someone who looked familiar. It was Pierce Brosnan and his first wife, Cassandra. He was a good James Bond; although. I preferred the original.

The lady who was curious was holding up a sign "Needs help" at an intersection. 007 might have helped her out. My Avanti arrived home on time!
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

A couple at a local car show loved how well we preserved our '57 Thunderbird...…….Uh......They didn't understand when I informed them that the car was a '57 Golden Hawk...……….After a cordial conversation on Studebakers, they nodded and walked away...……..

Comment

This past Wednesday I drove my 50 Land Cruiser to a VFW old cars night. When it was time to leave, about 8 PM, a couple came over and said they were waiting for me to turn on my lights so they could see the hood ornament and fender spears light up. I guess that would be a cool option, but I've never seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                  This past Wednesday I drove my 50 Land Cruiser to a VFW old cars night. When it was time to leave, about 8 PM, a couple came over and said they were waiting for me to turn on my lights so they could see the hood ornament and fender spears light up. I guess that would be a cool option, but I've never seen it.
                  It is true for 1963 & '64 G.T. Hawks as for the fender spears above the headlights. There are bulbs under the clear plastic tips that light up whenever the headlights are turned on.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X