• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuss word justified......?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk82.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1758322Well, got one of the windows installed....only to realize that I put the driver's side glass into the passenger side door........that should be good for several cuss words.....yes?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Oh no! Yes, completely justifiable..!
    -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
    1960 Metropolitan Convertible
    1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
    1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Well...as I was told once by a Sunday school teacher, cussing demonstrates that a person lacks the intelligence to express himself appropriately. I was fifteen years old, had great respect for that person and looked up to him. Then...a few weeks later, away from church, unaware I was within earshot, I heard him cussing while among a group of adults. I was disappointed in what I had heard from him, but it did not take away from the truth of his teaching.

But, in your case, a cuss word might be forgivable, but if you get busy and correct the mistake, you will gain valuable glass installation experience and be much likely to never repeat the mistake again. Think of it as practice...practice, practice. It makes you better.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Cuss words are never recommended when working on cars, but use all the "sentence enhancers" you can muster.

BTW: I'm at a loss from your picture what would indicate the driver's window is in the passenger's door.

Comment

I have seen the unframed glass in the Lark types factory installed with e PPG Logo backwards, meaning on the wrong side but a Chrome framed GT window probably does have an L/R orientation to fit correctly.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Would it ease your pain if you knew I was laughing? Mistakes like these make for a more interesting story. I know you Lou, one day you too will laugh also, but I suspect you may have already.
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

i FIND CUSSING AT MY OWN STUPIDITY VERY THERAPEUTIC. I DON'T CONSIDER IT OFFENSIVE AS LONG AS NO ONE HEARS ME. i CALL MYSELF AND THE ITEM I INSTALLED BACKWARDS ALL KINDS OF NAMES. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME, DOC?

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
                i FIND CUSSING AT MY OWN STUPIDITY VERY THERAPEUTIC. I DON'T CONSIDER IT OFFENSIVE AS LONG AS NO ONE HEARS ME. i CALL MYSELF AND THE ITEM I INSTALLED BACKWARDS ALL KINDS OF NAMES. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME, DOC?
                Careful, you might be able to sue yourself for slander!
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Cursing vigorously often helps releive tension, especially when directed to one's self....although I have been known to curse the builder or designer of a particularly poor product and their entire bloodline if necessary.
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Lou, I've gotten much better as I have aged, but I still let it fly from time to time when frustration in one form or another gets to me. My daughter has almost as bad of a mouth as I do, and she willingly gives me the credit for it. I've found that it does help calm me down somewhat, sometimes. Keep plugging away and try not to let it get to you! Bill

Comment

Studies have indicated that highly intelligent people are capable of a variety of verbal motifs, and not hesitant about using each at the proper time and place. As in real estate, it's location, location, location.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                        Studies have indicated that highly intelligent people are capable of a variety of verbal motifs, and not hesitant about using each at the proper time and place.
                        Think that was true with Richard Nixon??

Craig

Comment

Apparently.
                          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            Think that was true with Richard Nixon??

Craig
                            Exception noted.
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                            X