Ideal Pole Building for Car Lovers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal Pole Building for Car Lovers!

I am in real estate in Michiana and am listing a home in Osceola with an ideal 30' x 50' pole building for car lovers. It has several bays, a lift, air compressor, electric heat and water and plenty of room for storage. Please contact me if you are interested. I have attached pictures. Richard Fair, Cressy & Everett
    Attached Files

Nice building. That ilft looks a bit a carry. It kind of looks like if you pulled too hard on a bolt from the front or rear you would have that 66-69 Rambler American falling on your head. Center outriggers on the crossbar?

Also, why are they called "pole barns (buildings)?" It looks like 2x and4X framing inside and T-111 on the outside. I don't see anything that resembles a (round) pole.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Oh I could use a garage like that !! What year is that Studebaker on the hoist ???
      Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by Jett289 View Post
        Oh I could use a garage like that !! What year is that Studebaker on the hoist ???
        Aarrgghh!
        Mike Davis
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I'm interested...but packaging & shipping
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I wonder if Rambler guys get told "Nice Studebaker" as much as I get told "Nice Rambler" when driving my lark . ?? hehe
            Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by Jett289 View Post
              I wonder if Rambler guys get told "Nice Studebaker" as much as I get told "Nice Rambler" when driving my lark . ?? hehe
              I get “Nice rambler” or “is that a rambler” at least once every time I take the Lark out. I kindly correct them but the kicker came last week....

“Oh that’s not a rambler?!... well I was half right cause it has a 289.”

Sorry but no
              Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Heck, I had a guy tell me, "I never knew that Rambler made trucks," referring to my Champ!
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
                  Nice building. That ilft looks a bit a carry. It kind of looks like if you pulled too hard on a bolt from the front or rear you would have that 66-69 Rambler American falling on your head. Center outriggers on the crossbar?

Also, why are they called "pole barns (buildings)?" It looks like 2x and4X framing inside and T-111 on the outside. I don't see anything that resembles a (round) pole.
                  Nothing scary about that lift. It is an in ground twin post. I worked on one of those at a Buick dealership back in the 70's. There were three basic styles of in ground lifts. They have fallen out of favor because when one springs a leak in the underground hydraulics, it contaminates the ground. Most made today have a giant "casette" enclosure to prevent contamination in the event of a leak. If you had ever worked on in ground lifts, you would hate working on the above ground ones of today.

Comment

"What year is that Studebaker on the hoist ???"

Dude, THAT is NOT a STUDEBAKER... no, no, NO!

THIS is.
                    Attached Files

Comment

One of the many questions that always amuse me that I overhear when I have my Avanti at car shows;
                      "What year did Studebaker & Rambler merge?"

Comment

Originally posted by dleroux View Post
                        One of the many questions that always amuse me that I overhear when I have my Avanti at car shows;
                        "What year did Studebaker & Rambler merge?"
                        To answer that you would have to know when they exited the on-ramp.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                        X