Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used a radiator from "C,G,&J Inc"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Has anyone used a radiator from "C,G,&J Inc"?

Any experience, good or bad?

Interesting how a C B & J is really a BTR and only "Fits" a '51 Commander, of course WE know it would also fit a '52 but that is about IT.
    CB&J does say: "request a Custom Radiator" though.

I really LIKE these Formed Tanks on these KKS Radiators, maybe they would make one to fit a '51 & '52.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-29-2018, 04:35 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have one they produced for my GT Hawk, it fit perfect and completely eliminated my over heating problems I was experiencing here in Texas. They have the exact specs to build radiators for several different Studebakers models including Hawks. Probably not the cheapest around, but the deliver a quality product. Give them a call and visit with them. I believe the guy I spoke was David.
      Mike Kelly
      Regional Manager
      Texas
      1963 Lark Cruiser
      1962 GT Hawk
      1965 Commander 2dr v8 auto

Comment

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the response. That’s what I was hoping to hear.

Comment

For what it's worth, I installed the exact radiator in that picture, in my 56 Sky Hawk (KKS Motor Sports $179). It is shorter than the Stock 56 radiator, but I installed it at the correct height. I drilled 6 extra holes in the flange/Stock radiator support, and it fit like a glove. I didn't bother trying to fit the Stock shroud, but removed the Stock fan and used a PT Cruiser electric fan on the radiator...works like Factory...even used the Stock Sky Hawk radiator hoses. The radiator application is for a 350 Chevrolet engine swap into a Jeep CJ..
          Last edited by 345 DeSoto; 07-30-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Thank 11:22 PMThis is an old post from the forum that steered me towards CG&J to begin with.
            Chris instead of David is the go to man there. Good luck.

Source for new Aluminum Studebaker radiator
            I contacted Brice Thomas Radiator out of Gadsden, Alabama about a replacement radiator for my 62 Hawk. They have a radiator for a Jeep with a GM engine which seems to fit Studebakers. I gave them some additional specifications and they came up with a radiator that is "drop in" for a Hawk. It appears to be the same for my 63 Champ Pickup, so probably it will fit the Lark... but I'm only guessing. Chris at Brice Thomas is really super. He was big time help and eager to assist. Their phone number is 256-546-4613. Can't say enough good things about them!! The Hawk hasn't ever ran this cool!!! Especially now that I have the new engine in it.

The part number for the Studebaker radiator is STU 1062.

Last edited by Mrkelly; 07-29-2018, 06:14 PM.
            Mike Kelly
            Regional Manager
            Texas
            1963 Lark Cruiser
            1962 GT Hawk

Comment

I recently put a flexalite rad/fan/shroud combo with electronic controller for a CJ jeep in my 64. Had the car running for first time today since the install. Works great. P#51168. I drilled two holes in my stock rad support and slightly enlarged the flexalite bracket holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrkelly View Post
                I have one they produced for my GT Hawk, it fit perfect and completely eliminated my over heating problems I was experiencing here in Texas. They have the exact specs to build radiators for several different Studebakers models including Hawks. Probably not the cheapest around, but the deliver a quality product. Give them a call and visit with them. I believe the guy I spoke was David.
                I am in the market for a new radiator, I am definitely giving them a call. Thanks for the recommendation.
                sigpic
                1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

For a few dollars more they will paint it black before they ship it. I had mine done that way and I have had very few people even notice it wasn’t stock.
                  Mike Kelly
                  Regional Manager
                  Texas
                  1963 Lark Cruiser
                  1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Be careful before ordering, to check your Inlet and Outlet stock hose I.D. I see that these C,G & J Radiators are all over the place.

The tubes O.D.'s are: 1 1/4, 1/1/2, 1 3/4 and 2 Inch and almost every combo of each possible!
                    No way does a '53-'55 V8 Coupe get a 1 1/2 Inlet and a 2 Inch Outlet. They are mostly, 1 1/4 X 1 1/2.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

When I ordered mine from them they doubled checked and confirmed all these measurements from me before they built it.
                      Mike Kelly
                      Regional Manager
                      Texas
                      1963 Lark Cruiser
                      1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                      X