Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is something mysterious about this car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is something mysterious about this car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-Studeb...xbW1x9&vxp=mtr Those of you who keep up with Studebaker on ebay have probably seen this listing. I have seen this car listed somewhere before, but can'r remember where. My first red flag on this car was the address, or lack of address. By address, I mean the state location of the listing. This one only says in the United States. . The second red flag was the year of manufacture. It's listed as a 1936 model, but anyone as model ignorant as I am can see that it is a 1935. The third red flag, for what's worth, is the lack of pictures of the interior and engine, etc. Although the verbal sounds good, one would think that such vital pictures would be in the ad. It would be good to see the opinions of more knowledgeable minds in this kind of thing.

Not to mention the serious red flag of those hideous rear fender skirts....
    Sorry... I can't stand them. To each his own though, eh?
    sals54

Comment

I have written to the seller via eBay about some of these items (year/interior/location). I will see what sort of answer, if any, that I receive. The trailer is pictured, but it does not say that it comes with it.

Has anyone on this forum been in contact with the seller or know of this car. It seems like someone must have seen it at some car show, auction, etc. Then we could have an idea of the part of the country. That makes a big differrence on shipping costs.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's not that unusual to find items on ebay with just the country listed, even in the US. I've also found that sellers are usually good for answering questions and supplying additional info and pix if asked. If not, then it is time to move along.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
          It's not that unusual to find items on ebay with just the country listed, even in the US. I've also found that sellers are usually good for answering questions and supplying additional info and pix if asked. If not, then it is time to move along.
          I agree - my questions are usually answered, even if just "thanks". As of now, I have not heard from this seller. IIRC, the auction ends today. He will not be getting a bid from me, even though I like the car (just needs A/C).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Seller joined "feebay" in Nov. 2011 but hasn't had any activity in over a year and only has (6) feedback's since joining (5) of which were auto-generated for purchases he made. Not replying promptly to questions is another rookie mistake so IMO I would not take the listing seriously.

Comment

In the first place the seller doesn't even know what he is selling. The car definitely started life as a 1935. Whatever it is now is anybody's guess. The seller also indicates local pick up, but unless I'm missing something, he fails to include the car's location.

Comment

I'm with sals54, I have a stack of fender skirts in the back of my shad, the first thing I removed when I bought a car with them!- Jim

Comment

Originally posted by willys54 View Post
                  Seller joined "feebay" in Nov. 2011 but hasn't had any activity in over a year and only has (6) feedback's since joining (5) of which were auto-generated for purchases he made. Not replying promptly to questions is another rookie mistake so IMO I would not take the listing seriously.
                  Not a always accurate way to judge a Seller. I began using the 'bay back in the '90s, and had over 200 satisfactory transactions ...then a "security" update made my account inaccessable. Had to open a new account and start all over.

Comment

I agree the skirts don't thrill me, but by 35 streamlining was getting to be big. The car just reeks 1980s in overall look. I doubt it will sell unless there are some last minute bids.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

The link takes me to an ebay listing for a 1950 bulletnose.
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                        The link takes me to an ebay listing for a 1950 bulletnose.
                        That's because this listing ran out a bit over 2 hours after I posted. eBay now shunts you to an active item if the one you try to access has ended.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

PHSSSST!!!!. The secret to viewing the original listing is click on the word "listing" in the statement about the original listing being removed.

Don't let Ebay know I shared this secret with the forum. They'll probably not let me list or use esnipe if they know.

The sacrifices I make for the forum.

Bob

Comment

That worked perfectly! Thanks. Although I am sure Milt likes us looking at his 50 Commander.

Mark

Comment

The seller never replied to my simple questions, so I did not bid on a car that I had interest in.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X