Lark Wagon in Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Wagon in Fargo

Someone who either works in or was visiting all day in my building at work had this '59?? Lark wagon. It moved over the lunch period but was there all day. Took these pix when I was leaving after 5. I have never seen this car before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4144 small.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	1758276

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4145 small.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	1758277

It has what appears to be original patina. The interior has blue velour that looks like something done in the 80s. Badged as a Lark VI. Window was rolled down and I could see that it may not have its flat 6 anymore. The steering column looked like the normal 3 spd stick but there was only 1 pedal on the floor. Had some hot rod type stickers on the windows too. But, didn't have dual exhausts and the pipe was not "large" so who knows what is under the hood. Its rather a summer driver looking car that you would not care if it acquired some parking lot rash as it already has plenty!

It sure stuck out in the work lot with all the dull grey, silver, black, etc late model SUV's and crew cab trucks that most drive.

Jeff in ND

This is the type of wagon your kool Aunt Agnes would drive as she sped from Winn-Dixie, to the hair salon, and then back home again before dinnertime. In all seriousness, though, that is a fantastic little thing that has managed to beat the nearly insurmountable odds of it being scrapped. Wonderful!
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

John Deere is secretly designing an SUV prototype and is using this Lark wagon as its inspiration! Perhaps they will offer their SUV with a 3-point hitch and a PTO in back as was available on the early International Harvester Scouts....
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Aunt Agnes would drive as she sped from Winn-Dixie
        Of course, up around here, she'd have been at the Red Owl grocery as those Winn-Dixie stores being a more "southern" chain.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Did you happen to leave a note on the windshield? Perhaps the owner will call?
          sals54

Comment

Working...
          X