Is it an Avanti powered 63 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it an Avanti powered 63 Lark

I have found a 63 Lark sedan with no Engine or Transmission. I know it is not the Whistler but would like to know if it was an Avanti Powered Car. Would be worth saving from the crusher. The national museum will not look at the serial number and just tell me if It is a super lark. This car is rough and not worth saving if it is not an Avanti Powered car. I feel It migh be because it has front disc brakes, twin traction rear and had a 4 speed trans.
    I have looked on the jet thrust info and do not see the numbers.
    Serial number 63V-8298 (body tag 63V-F4 body number 438. I do not want to invest in a production sheet ($33) if it is not something that is a Avanti powered car.
    Can anyone help?

Does it have a fuel return line to the gas tank?

Comment

63V-8298 came from the factory as a white regal 2-door, with a R2, disc brakes, twin traction, bench seat, 4-speed.
      Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
      \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Wow! How can you tell that?

Comment

Yea
          It is worth saving. No factory traction bars are on it. someone put shackles and air shocks????Yes it was original white, someone painted richard rawlings green. I want to order the production sheet now.
          Thanks for the info.
          Any other info is appreciated.

Comment

So, SOMEBODY has it's JTS1234 R2 Engine! NO, that's not a random number as in 1, 2, 3, 4 !

That is it's actual: Jet Thrust Supercharged One Thousand, Two Hundred, and Thirty Four Engine SERIAL NUMBER!
            Last edited by StudeRich; 07-24-2018, 09:22 AM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Great find and save. Well worth restoring. Take your time and do it right. It's not a car you want to cut corners on. The cost will add up if your not able to restored it yourself $$$$ and will still add up if you can do it yourself $$$. Trust me I'm The guy that owns THE WHISTLER. The motor to your car is most likely out there. Start asking around check under the hoods of champ trucks and club members Storage sheds. If your as lucky as me it will turn up. Of course it may cost you to get it back$$$. Great find. John

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                So, SOMEBODY has it's JTS1234 R2 Engine! NO, that's not a random number as in 1, 2, 3, 4 !

That is it's actual: Jet Thrust Supercharged One Thousand, Two Hundred, and Thirty Four Engine SERIAL NUMBER!
                GABBA-GABBA-HEY!

Great find!! and yes, its worth saving! Let's hope the original engine can be found~maybe behind GBGB's in NYC??

Craig
                Last edited by 8E45E; 07-25-2018, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cabforward View Post
                  I have found a 63 Lark sedan with no Engine or Transmission. I know it is not the Whistler but...

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                  63V-8298 came from the factory as a white regal 2-door, with a R2, disc brakes, twin traction, bench seat, 4-speed.
                  May not be “The” Whistler, but definitely it’s big brother or cousin.

Welcome to the Bench Seat Jet Thrust F4 owners club.
                  Last edited by SScopelli; 07-24-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

You guys are awsome. Thanks

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                    May not be “The” Whistler, but definitely it’s big brother or cousin.

Welcome to the Bench Seat Jet Thrust F4 owners club.

Is the number in the jet thrust registry? I think I bought one many years ago and just cant find it.

Comment

Yippy, another '63 R2 F-body discovered! The more, the merrier!

Click image for larger version

Name:	downloaded may 10 2017 014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1721520
                      Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                      \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                        Yippy, another '63 R2 F-body discovered! The more, the merrier!
                        Another one for Mr. Krem to add to his roster. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=regal

Craig

Comment

Good news indeed, Jeffrey. 'Hope you are able to acquire it and at least put it inside, if unable to do a full restoration. Congrats. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

A story and how found and some pictures is always great to see.

Comment

I have been cleaning the vines and poison oak out of it today so it will be presentable and the patina will shine. Also had to put rims and wheels on and get the brakes free. Full 2 days getting the passenger side loose and after 2 days on the drivers side of puller loosening and tightening and hammering and using most of my oxygen in my torch and 10 coffee breaks and 6 calls to dad and many you tube searches I ruined the brake drum and finally got pissed and cut the dam thing around the lug plate and relief it rolls. 10 minutes to do the chopping and 2 days of toil. I am embarrassed to tell this but I just had to move on and get it rolling.
                              It looks like a drag car. Pictures to follow.

Comment

Working...
                              X