Window setting tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window setting tape

Hi all, I am ready to assemble the doors and glass, for my 60 Hawk. Does anybody know, right offhand, what thickness the window setting tape is supposed to be? I've measured the glass, and the channel, and believe that it will fit 1/16". There is nobody local here , that has it, so I would like to make sure, before I order from Bob Drake. Thanks in advance, if anybody has the info, to help me out.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Do you have a local auto glass shop nearby? They may have it available or just have them install it.

Comment

If 1/16 is the difference between the thickness of the glass and the opening of the glass channel, you will need 1/32" tape to split the difference so tape goes on each side. Or if you already figured it that way and you have 1/8 total difference, then yes, 1/16 will do it. You would need to go to a long-established autoglass shop to find it already on hand. If any of your local autoglass shops are supplied by Mygrant Glass from SLC, they can order it for you. You will have to buy a whole roll if the glass shop doesn't want to keep it in stock. Ask for Everseal in the thickness you need.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Thanks, kurtruk. I ordered the 1/16", as the gap was about an eighth. Found it in a 20' roll for $19.00 Hope it fits!
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
        X